Chapter 14

Lucy's POV

I was awoken by the sun's terror shining in my eyes. And then i turned the other way and look into Natsu's.

"Natsu! Wait- what?- why am i here?"

"Luce- ahem- Lucy..... i'm not really sure what happened to you. But i went to check on you & i heard you screaming before i even got into your apartment & i didn't know what to do... so i just brought you to my place. Welcome, i guess." He blushed lightly, spoke uncertainly, and rubbed the back of his head with one arm while avoiding eye contact. I felt heat rise to my cheeks in response, then a familiar stinging zap ran through my body like electricity. Suddenly the events of last night sprang to mind. Where is Z now? Why would he do that to me?

"Natsu......" I waited for him to look at me before i finished. His eyes met mine. "Thank you... if you hadn't come to check on me, i don't know where i'd be right now. Thanks." I smiled at him.

"No problem!"

"Hey Natsu?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry about being so distant. Well, the specifics are complicated but i really have missed you."

"I've missed you too." And the most sincere smile was sent my way.

==========================

Master Macarov's POV

Ohhh Lucy my poor child. Caught in the raptures of the Dark Wizard Zeref. I couldn't believe my ears when Levy told me just what she had seen. It's time to get to work before it's too late.

==========================

Z's POV

From the outside, I stared into the window showing my precious Lucy. With another man. My blood was boiling. How dare she. I've told her so many times to stay away from him! He'll ruin everything dammit! I swung my fist back and into the ground. I shook the trees around me. I saw them both turn their heads to see what was going on. I quickly vanished.

"Stay here, Lucy. I'm gonna go see what's going on out there." I heard Natsu speak. I cringed when he said he name. It was weakening the connection between me & her.

Making myself invisible, i walked passed Natsu as he walked passed me towards the trees. I made one fall right behind him, almost hitting him, it's perfect for blocking his path once he hears Lucy's screams. I smile to myself. All will be fixed.

I opened the front door, still invisible, & listened to Lucy's sweet voice call out to Natsu. Even thinking his name disgusted me. "Natsu? Is that you? What happened outside?"

I made myself visible once i stood in front of Lucy. "Hello." She immediately noticed my not happy with her expression & struggled to find words to make up some excuse.

"Z i can expla-"

"Quiet Lucy!" She cowered down in fear. Good. It's about time she started taking me seriously. "Let's go we're leaving." Her brown eyes flashed open wide.

"But Z I can't-"

"YES YOU CAN AND YOU WILL!" I felt my pupils burning, meaning they showed red to her. Now i'm angry. I sighed loudly to try & steady myself.

"Now. Let's go." I reached out and caught her wrist, started to pull her up.

"Wait- no!" She started trying to tug away from my grip only making me grip harder. "Stop!"

==========================

Natsu's POV

In the midst of our conversation, we heard a loud bang, look out the window, and my front years trees were shaking, leaves floating down to the ground. "Stay here, Lucy. I'm gonna go see what's going on out there." I sat up from the edge of my bed and smiled at her before i walked out my front door. I looked out towards the trees and didn't see anything. Huh, let me get closer. Walking down the path I immediately smelt that scent from Lucy's apartment yesterday, and i tensed up and keeled walking as a slight breeze went my way.

BAM!

One of the trees came crashing down right behind me! "Geez, that was close."

I made it to the shaky trees & nothing seemed out of the ordinar-

"Stop! Please!" That's Lucy! I turned & bolted.

"Wait! Ahhhh!" Her pleas turned into cries of pain & i bolted even faster, only slightly slowing to jump over the fallen tree. As i arrived closer to my house she was sobbing, & then it stopped completely. I slowly opened my front door & peaked over as it creaked.

"LUCYYY!" She was gone! No no no not again! I dropped to the ground at the edge of my bed. I can still smell her... oh god Lucy... i'm sorry... i'm sorry I couldn't protect you...

I felt hot wet tears pour down my face.

AUTHOR'S NOTE PLEASE READ!
Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to upset with christmas & everything it's been crazy, i'm trying to make my chapters longer, cause reading back through this story they're so short! Tell me what you think! Faster updates with shorter chapters or slower updates with longer chapters? Thanks & please comment & like!!