Chapter 17

6 MONTH TIME SKIP

Lucy's POV
I haven't seen Z since we arrived here. It was though he just shipped me away. He brought me here, and left. I don't know how long i've been here. I tried keeping count, but the days blurred away every time I tried to catch them. But not anymore.

I've been left alone in my room for at least a few hours now. Though my body still aches from the pain I have been through, this is the longest I have gone without torture. I'm going to make a break for it. The dark, cement walls are empty as I peer into the hall from "my room". I'm not tied up or locked up anymore. They believe they have broken my spirit. Big mistake because they are dead wrong. The hallway is empty & the coast is clear. I begin to sprint down the hall. The silence that was there a few seconds ago now replaced with the sound of my bare feet slapping against the cold, cement floor.

I have no idea what time it is, what day it is, what month it is, or where I am but none of that is stopping me. I have to get out. As i'm running I feel a sad, ghostly presence pass through my body. It shakes me to the core and gives me chills but I don't stop. Then I hear his voice, something I haven't heard in a long time.

It's too late, Lucy.

It's never too late. I keep running. Shouts are heard at the end of the hall when they realize I'm breaking out. But it's too late. I open the main doors and i'm finally free. Well, almost. I have to keep running, but it's the first breath of air i've had in a long time. It's nighttime out, and i have no clue where i'm going. But i don't stop.

===============================

Z's POV
I watched my dear Lucy run away. But I knew she'd be back. It was inevitable, and I was sad for her. But also excited.

"Kade!"

One of my minions, a particularly brutal one, rushed to my feet and looked at me. "Yes, my Lord?"

"Bring Lucy back." He nodded with determination and shuffled out of my lair. I sat myself down. Why couldn't the girl just stay put? Things are only going to get worse. I sighed and started to massage my temples. I can't change that now. There's nothing I can do, and it's time I stop sitting around and begin what I need too. It's why I brought her here after all.

===============================

Lucy's POV

As I continued to run, I kept think about how easy it was to escape... too easy. That's when I knew I wasn't alone. I could practically feel a strong magic aura creeping up behind me. My legs were aching and burning but I kept pushing myself. I had too. I couldn't go back to that hellhole! Z left me.... i've been so alone these past 6 months, I don't want to ever go back!

"I'M COMING BACK FAIRYTAIL!"