Chapter 10

Lucy's POV

"So I can be with you." Z smiled and blushed lightly at his words. I stood in place, slightly stunned. Why can't I be with Z and Natsu and everyone else I hold close?

"Because then I will have to disappear."

"Z! You heard that?"

"I can read your mind." Z shifted his weight to his other leg and ran his hand through his dark hair.

"Do I have no privacy?!" I stared angrily into his red eyes, which seemed to be getting redder by the second as Z slowly walked towards me. Step. By. Step. I still stood my ground and glared into his eyes. He was barely an inch away from me. And then he hugged me.

All tension left my body and I softened my stance. Warmth spread throughout me as I was left speechless. That's when it started. My entire body started flaming like it was on fire. It's tingling everywhere! Every inch of my being screaming and writing in pain. Z was still hugging me.

"AAHHHHH!"

==========================

Natsu's POV

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. Her name, her face, her laugh, her being, everything about her was consuming my thoughts. She hates me. She's so distant since the job....damn it! Why wasn't I paying attention!

Breathe Natsu. Breathe. Calm down. Lucy will move on soon and things will go back to normal. Positive thoughts.

Striding into the guild, I figured a certain someone would keep me occupied for the time being.

"HEY STRIPPER WHERE YA AT?!!" I grinned evilly and pounded my fists together as they lit up in flames. I spotted Gray and ran over to him, jumping up and throwing my fist over my head ready to pounce down on him.

Right before I slammed my fist into his face he glared up at me and moved over leaving me face down past the floorboards.

"Can't you just relax for once? This type of idiotic behavior is what hurt Lucy. Dumbass. You'll probably make the same mistake twice." He rolled his eyes as the whole guild stared at us.

"That was cold, Gray. Even for you." I turned and stormed out of the guild. What the hell was his problem with me?!?!

"Natsu!" I heard a certain blue exceed's wings flying to catch up with me. "It's not your fault. And don't mind Gray, he's just upset about Lucy. The whole guild is so worried about her. We haven't seen her in 3 days! The guild hasn't seen her in 4! Master is worried she doesn't wanna come back....." Happy trailed off and started tearing up.

I gotta stay strong. For Happy. "I'm sure she's just resting up. Don't worry lil' buddy! I'm sure she's just fine! I go visit her later, promise!" I grinned at him even though that was the last thing I felt like doing.

A smile grew on his face too. Good. He bought it. "Thanks Natsu!" He flew off back towards the guild the happiest I'd seen him in days.