Chapter 11

Natsu's POV

I feel awful about lying to happy, but it's for his own sake. Just because i'm feeling down doesn't mean he has to. I look up at the night sky and watch the stars. They remind me of a certain celestial mage. I can't help but quicken my pace as I make my way to Lucy's apartment. Something is off and i can feel it.

Now standing below her apartment window, I look up towards the stars, then back towards the windows. It's now or never right? Just a little check up.

==========================

Lucy's POV

Back in the darkness of my dreams..... i struggle to remember the events before my sleep.... looking around, I spot Z and am comforted by his presence. I run to him.

"Z!" He turns around and reaches for me.

"Lucy!" Everything goes blurry.
.
.
.
"Lucy! Wake up! Cmon just for a sec!" I open my eyes to Natsu standing over me shaking my shoulders. I just stare at him blankly. Natsu jumped back at me and stared with wide eyes.

"What?" I said, annoyed. I sat up and realized i was on the floor on my  apartment.

"Y-your eyes-" He trailed off and stepped away from me at the same time. I frustratedly grabbed the mirror on my desk and look into my reflection. My eyes were still chocolate. What is you he talking about?

"Natsu c'mon get a hold of yourself. I'm fine." I stood up and placed myself in front of the dragon slayer. "Why are you barging into my apartment again anyways?" I huffed at him and turned away.

"Well um i came to check on you...." he was twiddling his fingers and looking down. "I told happy i would because he's worried about you... the whole guild is.." Natsu looked up and met my eyes. "It's been 4 days."

"W-what?! How is that possible! You were just here yesterday and-"

"No, Lucy..... I was here 3 days ago." He suspiciously looked at me.

"You know what whatever. I probably just have my days mixed up. It's fine."

"Listen. Lucy. You gotta come back, everyone is so on edge. I'm really sorry about this..... incident but i promise you it wouldn't have happened if i was there."

"Yeah... but you know what Natsu? You weren't there. Its not a big deal anyways. I'm fine now aren't i? It's over who cares." I turned away from him. Fire lit through my body and was stinging me but i held still. Natsu couldn't know. He'd flip his shit and start all over again. My eyes black out for a second as a wave of dizziness washed over me. I felt a familiar presence approaching. My body calmed down as Z appeared in front of me.

He flashed a smile and spoke

He flashed a smile and spoke. "Hi Lucy... it's been a long time..." A barely noticeable, light blush rested on his cheeks. I glanced at Natsu, who was confused as all hell but ready to fight. He actually jumped in front of me.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want with Lucy?!? How do you know her!!" His eyes flashed and my heart skipped a beat.

He's scaring you.

I don't know why Natsu was acting like this but it was scaring me. "Natsu what are you doing stop it!"

"It's okay Luce! I not going to let you get hurt again!" His fists lit fire.

This is why I told you to keep him away. He's unstable. He'll keep us apart. You should've listened to me Lucy!!

I recognized as Z was mind speaking me. He grew angry at his last words and I felt sharp pain course through my body.

"AGGHH- NATSU!! LEA-ve!" I took a steadying breathe and rested my hand over my chest. "Leave Natsu. Please don't come back."