Chapter 5

Lucy's POV

I feel like i'm floating...... and i'm surrounded by nothing but darkness. I desperately spun around over and over searching for something, anything! A sound, a face, a light, just anything! My wish was granted.... it was a mans voice that I could not recognize.

My dear, sweet Lucy. Don't fret. It-

It had to be Natsu! Who else would it be! I started calling and screaming for him. "Natsu! Natsuuu!"

The seemingly endless darkness surrounding me suddenly got darker. I could tell now that I was alone again. I became frantic. My shouting turned plea-like. "Natsu! Natsu!" I screamed his name over and over and over. No no no! I can't be left like this! "Natsu!"

===========================

Natsu's POV

"NATSUUUU!" It was Lucy! I bolted up from the table in the guild hall and practically flew down the stairs to the infirmity. Slamming open the door to her room I walked into an unconscious Lucy screaming her head off. "NATSU! NATSU PLEASE!" She was tossing and turning frantically, tying the sheets of her cot around her.

"C'mon Lucy wake up!" I sat on her bedside shaking her. "Lucyyyyy....." At least she had stopped screaming by now. She was always shaking. Sometimes whispering my name. Other times whimpering.

"Oh my gosh! Lucy!" Wendy and Carla had just got back and everyone sent them down her immediately. The little girl started tearing up and blaming herself. "I'm so sorry! I should've been here!"

Carla snapped. "Hush child and quit being so foolish! No one could've known this would happen! Just do as you can now!"

She nodded and sternly agreed. "Right!"