Chapter 3

Lucy's POV

I trudged through the snow grumbling. HOW COULD THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN ME! I was beyond cranky now. I understand as my dear spirit friend had to go but they couldn't have realized I was SLEEPING AND NOT FOLLOWING THEM.

It's fine. This is fine. I'll finish the job myself get the money and go home. If anything I'll at least meet up with them there. It's a good thing I have the flyer. I read it to myself: "Help! Our ponds have been replaced with fire and our food supply is untouchable! 20,000 j!"

Now I remembered why me AND Natsu took this job. Great. How does that even happen anyways? Whatever. I kept walking until I finally made it to the desolate village. Natsu wasn't here yet. Which was odd. Considering he never stopped his travels and I was left behind.

"Hmm well I can't meet with the client until Natsu and Happy get here... so I guess I'll just go exploring! Might as well check out that fire pond while i'm at it."

Walking up to it I could feel the heat radiating off. Looking closer this fire didn't look completely normal. There was strands of a shiny jet black fire running through it, not exactly a part of it. It was moving around faster than the regular fire was. And it seemed to be getting faster and more frantic as I got closer.

I turned my head and took another step towards it. Maybe it was just a bunch of fish swimming in the fire? No, that couldn't be it. This was too liquidly.

===========================

Natsu's POV

"Dammit Lucy! WHERE ARE YOU!"

"Natsu relax! She's probably just annoyed at us and went to that village so let's go! She's probably already there!"

I crossed my arms. "Psssht. Yeah fine whatever. Let's go."

Not long after we arrived at the village. Lo and behold, there was Lucy!

"See Nats! I told you she'd be here!"

"Hah guess you were right Happy, and she's even gotten started on our job! Sweet!" We ran up to her, "Hey Luc-". I stopped dead in my tracks. "Luce?"

The fire from the pond was black, and crawling up her arms. She turned to me and her expression was more frightened then I'd ever seen her. Seeing something beyond the normal eye.

"Happy.... I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't look good. Fly back to the guild and send for backup, now!"