Alfie

Zoe was home. She was sitting in bed next to me on her laptop and she was finally home. She told me everything that she hadn't been able to tell me on skype, which wasn't much. She told me about the plane ride home and how excited she had been to see me. 

She did seem really happy to see me, and I was so incredilby happy to see her, but she also seemed a bit meloncholy at moments. I asked her about it and she just said she felt a little naseous, I just hoped she wasn't upset or anything to be home. 

"So what did they send you home with to work on during the week you stay in San Fran?" I asked opening my laptop and looking at twitter and tumblr.

"I have to edit a few videos and start setting up the layout for this new channel that they're sort of letting me be the lead of. Also, I just have to film a video for my own channel, I haven't had the time in ages." 

She yawned and leaned back on the bed closing her eyes. I just felt better knowing she was here. When she was away I was constantly worrying about her and hoping that she was feeling alright and was feeling okay. 

Now that she was here, I knew she was okay, and I was just happier as well which was amazing. I tried not to think about the fact that she would be leaving in another week as I drifted off to sleep next to her. 

_________________

I woke up the next morning to the sound of Zoe typing loudly on the keys of her laptop. She looked at me guiltily when she saw that her noise had awoken me. "Oh, I'm so sorry Alf, I can go sit at the desk or something," she said starting to get up out of bed. 

"No, it's fine, I'm already up anyway, just stay," I said brushing my hand gently along the her side. 

"Okay," she said with a smile. I smiled back at her and everything felt right. Finally right. Zoe had a job she loved, and the fact that she was happy made me so happy. Now I just had to find something to occupy my time on the weeks that she was away and everything could go from being right to being perfect. 

xxx