Zoe

Alfie left the room and I took a deep breath. I would figure out how to make this work. I didn't want to leave Alfie as much as he didn't want me to leave. I was taking this job, but I wasn't moving away from Alfie, that was for sure. 

I took a few minutes to collect myself. I got dressed and put my hair up as well as wiping my eyes dry. After taking another deep breath, I opened the door and walked into the kitchen. I was surprised to see someone in the kitchen. I recognised him as Alfie's friend Marcus, from Vidcon. 

"Hello Marcus!" I said putting on the biggest smile that I could. I walked over and sat next to them on the couch and started to engage Marcus in a conversation. I had never seen any of his videos before, but I had heard that they were good. 

He was quite funny and I really enjoyed talking to him. Towards the end of our conversation that Alfie was just sitting there listen to he asked if I would want to make a video with him one day. "Of course, that sounds like a lot of fun," I said with a smile. 

I had never really done a collab with anyone, because well, I didn't have many friends in Youtube. Not a lot of Youtubers used to live near me, back when I lived in Bath. Now that I was in AMerica though, there were so many Youtubers around me all the time. I had a feeling I would be making a lot of collabs now, and that was something I was so excited about. 

___________________

After Marcus had left, I called Alfie over to the couch to talk to him. I wanted to ask him if he had any suggestions about my ideas for taking the job but staying at our house together. 

"Do you even think that's possible?" I asked him as I curled my feet under my butt and looked up at him. 

"You'd have to ask the company how often they wanted you to film," he said in a quite monotone voice. I could tell that he was still upset, but I was trying to help him with this and make it not as difficult. 

"You don't want me to take the job do you?" I asked. I really wanted to do this, but if Alfie didn't want me to, I wouldn't. It would be difficult to decline the offer, but I would do anything for Alfie. 

After what seemed like ages Alfie spoke, his voice sounded strained though, "I want you to take the job." 

xxx