Zoe

The plane landed bumpily on the runway nine hours later in San Francisco. I was already awake, but Alfie gently shook me since my eyes were still closed. "We're here," he whispered gently in my ear. My heart lept. We were here. 

I sat up and yawned before getting ready to get out of the plane and go to Alfie's flat and start to add my own personal touches to it. I was just so excited. That was why I loved Alfie so much. Before, I never got excited for anything, but now the smallest things were making me so excited! 

____________

After a few hours we were finally at Alfie's flat. I walked inside the crisp main room and flopped back on the white couch with a sigh of relief. I had made it here, this was my new home. 

"Are you hungry?" Alfie asked after he had put my suitcases into the bedroom. 

"Yes!" I said sitting up and looking at what Alfie was doing. He was going into the kitchen to look through his pantry and fridge to see if he had any food. His shelves were all empty and there were a few plastic water bottles in the fridge. 

"I never have food," he said with a smile. "Want to go out?" 

"Sounds good, can we go a bit later though? I have some stuff I want to do first." I wanted to call Louise and tell her all about my new home. I had only just recently met her at Vidcon, but we were already so close, we talked basically 24/7. 

I also wanted to start getting all my stuff unpacked so that I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow. "Of course," Alfie said pulling out his laptop and sitting on the couch. I grabbed my handbag and walked down the hall into the bedroom. 

It was cooler inside because the lights were off. I flicked them on and smiled at what I was seeing. The memory of when I first woke up here came back to me and just made me smile, I don't know why. I loved Alfie's room and its simplicity.

First I looked at the dresser for my clothes. It was small, but Alfie had moved a lot of his stuff so that I had one drawer. I decided to put all my knickers and bras as well as my socks in there, hopefully there would be room in the closet for all my clothes. I had only brought a few things, but the rest of my giant wardrobe was being shipped later. 

I hung up all the clothes I had brought and put my makeup on the top of the dresser before shoving the suitcases under the bed. I laid back on the bed and pulled out my phone to call Louise. I was so excited to tell her about everything that had happened!!

xxx