Alfie

The doorbell rang just as Zoe and I hung up on our call. Towards the end of it I got really emotional and I was upset that Zoe had to see me that way. I missed her and I was worried at how dependent on her I was becoming. 

Now that Marcus was here with his friends though, I was hoping that he would be able to get my mind off of Zoe. It wasn't healthy to be thinking of her all the time. It just made me sad and want to do nothing until she got back on Friday. 

I went to the door and put on a smile when they all walked in. "Alfie, these are my friends Joey, Tyler, Troye, Chai, Ian, and Anthony. They're all Youtubers too," he said with a smile. The boys all walked in and shook my hand introducing themselves in turn. They all said they liked my videos, but I doubted that they'd ever even seen one. I didn't really care that much though. 

Marcus put the beer he had brought on the counter and pulled out the bags of chips I had gotten at the store the day before. "Let's be happy, okay man?" he said looking at me and smiling. He was really a good friend. He had come to my house and thrown a party for me just to make myself feel better. He really was great. 

___________________

Marcus was tapping my shoulder the next morning. I had a raging headache and everything ached. I had had so many beers the night before I couldn't remember much of what happened after my fifth beer. I normally never drank alcohol, but the night before I just couldn't stop. It just made the pain go away. 

As soon as I woke up I realised why I didn't drink though, it was terrible and I always felt so regretful and stupid afterwards. I vowed never to drink again, especially for Zoe. Zoe didn't drink and I wanted to follow in her path. 

"That party was so rad," Marcus said with a smile. I looked around the house and saw his friends around the room sleeping in various locations. I just laughed at his word choice. 

The party wasn't that much fun for me, but it was a learning curve. There was no point in being sad about a girl when I was just going to see her on Friday anyway, and there was definitely no point in getting drunk over it. 

xxx