Zoe

I was getting in the taxi to the airplane. I was saying goodbye to Alfie. I was getting in line to security, and I was on the plane flying to LA. It all happened so fast and I couldn't really remember any of the details, but I knew it all happened. 

The flight was quick and sweet, only about an hour and a half, but to me it was the slowest flight I had ever been on. There was a crying baby a few seats ahead and a toddler behind me who enjoyed kicking my seat every few seconds. 

The reason the flight felt so long is because all I could think about was Alfie and what he was doing right at this second and what he was feeling. If he was okay, and what he was going to have for dinner. If he was lonely, if he was missing me. Everything that could possibly be going through his mind was wandering through my mind. 

Finally, after what had felt like ages, we landed. I collected my suitcase and got of the airplane. The airport was clean and busy, but I felt like the only person inside. I felt so isolated and confused. When I had left San Francisco, I felt positive that I had made the correct choice, but now I wasn't so sure. 

I missed Alfie and we'd only been apart for about an hour and a half. I sighed as I continued walking and went out of the airport to find a taxi. When I got in I told the driver the address listed on my phone that would be my living space for the next week. 

The drive was only about five minutes and I was surprised to see how nice the condos that we pulled up to looked like. I handed the dirver a ten dollar bill, told him to keep the change, and got out of the cab. 

I looked up at the condos and sighed again. I was so good at finally saying yes to things, but I wasn't so sure if I liked it or not. I was nervous and anxious about going inside and talking to someone, but I did it anyway, because I didn't really have a choice. 

"Hello, I'm Zoe Sugg, I need to get the key for my condo. Number 24." My hands hung limply at my sides shaking a bit. 

"Zoe Sugg," the woman said scrolling down a list in front of her. She nodded to herself, turned and got a key from behind her, before turning back around and handing it to me. "Here you are!" she said with a smile that was much to cheery for my taste. 

"Thank you," I said trying to hold back my bitterness. 

I grabbed my suitcase and walked down the hallway and up the stairs to the second floor. My room was on the right. My second home for a while. I was so excited to get this job, I just really wish I didn't have to do it alone, without Alfie. 

xxx