Alfie

Marcus left and Zoe wanted to talk to me. She was taking the job, but she wanted to stay and live with me, I wanted her do whatever she wanted though, and to me it was obvious that she really wanted this job. I knew it would be stressful and difficult for her as well as stressful for me. 

 So I said it, the hardest thing I think I've ever had to say before. "I want you to take the job." And I did, I really wanted her to take the job. I wanted her to be happy. 

"Really?" she asked, a large smile spreading across her face. 

"Yes, really,"  I said straining my lips into a smile. She jumped up and rain over to me, engulfing me in a hug. I tried to focus on how nice she smelled and how soft her hair was, because I was afraid if I didn't, I might burst into tears. 

_________________

"Louise is coming, Louise is coming, Louise is coming!" Zoe kept singing in a sing-songy voice. Zoe had lived with me for a month and we were already packing her stuff to send her to Los Angeles for work. 

We had ended up that she would go to LA for a week and stay at a flat that Maker had rented out for her there, and then she would come back and live at our place for a week and so on. It wasn't the best schedule, but it was the only way we could make things work. 

Zoe's friend Louise, who she had met a vidcon, was going to be coming to America for a visit and her first stop was here to see us. She was Zoe's best friend, but she was also like Zoe's mother of types, because she wanted to make sure that I was the perfect guy for Zoe. 

I didn't think it would be too hard to convince her of that, considering I was the perfect guy for Zoe. 

Even though Zoe would have to do a lot of travelling for this job, I was willing to make it work. I was willing to make anything work, because when you love someone you just have to compromise sometimes. It sucked, but it's the only way anything can ever work in a successful relationship. 

xxx