Zoe

After Alfie took me out to a really nice restaurant for pizza he offered that we go to the beach. I was really jet lagged from the plane ride and I didn't really want to go anywhere, but after he persuaded me a lot I decided it would be worth it to go for a little bit. 

I'd never really been on a proper beach with sand or anything like that, and even though I was so incredibly I was also very excited. It was just a short walk from the restaurant so we were there within a few minutes. 

The sun was going to set in about half an hour and the beach was bathed in a warm red light. It was so pretty. I  almost took my phone out to snap a picture for instagram, but I didn't. My camera wouldn't make it as pretty as it actually was, and for some reason I'd rather have this memory just in my mind. 

I slipped my shoes off and left them by Alfie, who was just watching me run around the sand. The dry sand was a nice warm temperature and I loved the way it felt when it slid in between my toes. I ran back and forth on the dry sand for a bit before moving down the wetter sand. 

It was more fun the more damp the same was. My foot would make in print in the sand and then it would fill slightly with water before reshaping into its original form. It was just so much fun. My feet started to get wet, but I didn't even care. 

After I had been running back and forth for a while I ran back to Alfie and exchanged a few words with him before gently kissing him on the lips and running back to the water. 

This time when I got to the water, I walked into the waves and let them lap gently over my feet. The water was suprising warm even though the sun was setting. I just stood there looking at everything around me and it all felt like a dream. It was so incredibly gorgeous here, and I loved the beach so much. 

A few minutes passed and I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. I turned and looked to see Alfie. He was carrying my shoes and he was smiling at me. "Look the sun's setting," he said pointing out at the orb of yellow and orange light that was slowly sinking into the ocean. 

I had always heard about people who loved to watch the sunset at the beach, but I'd never really experienced it before. Now I knew why people always made such a big deal about it. It was absolutely beautiful. 

It was like the water was eating the sun. 

"This is perfect," I said softly to Alfie resting my head on his shoulder. I knew I had made the right choice by moving to San Francisco with Alfie, it was definitely the right choice. 

xxx