Zoe

Everyday was spent packing and a bit of sadness. I knew that everything was going to work out, but I finally felt like I had a place to call my own and it wasn't even going to be fully mine anymore. Well it would be, but it wouldn't seem like it. 

I did a lot of the packing on my own. Alfie always offered to help, but I never let him. I didn't want to upset him too much, and it was easy for me to do by myself if I did a little bit each day. I was just bringing the bare minimum since I was only going to ever go for a week at a time. 

I would have my own flat down there, but I wasn't going to decorate it at all. It had a bed and that was all it needed. I had a feeling I would be eating out a lot on the weeks I was down in LA. 

The night before I left I was sitting on the couch when Alfie came out of the back room with a present. "Who's that for?" I asked as he walked over and sat next to me. 

"You," he said with a grin handing me the wrapped box. 

"Really, Alfie you didn't have to get me anything," I said, the corners of my mouth creeping into a smile. 

"I wanted to," he said motioning for me to open it. I carefully undid the ribbon around it and slid my finger under the tape to undo it. It didn't take me long to take the paper off to reveal a box. I opened the lid and gasped. 

"Alfie, it's gorgeous." Inside was a gold necklace with a little golden doe off the chain. It was beautiful and I loved it, the best moving away for a week present I could have ever been given. 

Sorry it's so short tonight guys, I had a really terrible night, so it's not my best writing either. I love you all loads!!! ^_^ xxx