Alfie

We were finally back at my flat. We were back home. Except now it felt more homey because Zoe was here. It felt like she was the final piece to complete my home, and I was so glad she was here. 

I didn't have any food at my house so I suggested we go out and I thought it would be a good opportunity to show Zoe more of the city. I was excited when she readily agreed, but first she disappeared into the bedroom to do some things. 

I could hear her suitcase sliding along on the floor and I smiled because I realised that she was unpacking. She was such a neat freak like me. It was weird, I didn't like to be neat, but something inside of me made me always make sure my apartment was spotless. 

After about half an hour, of which I spent most of it on tumblr, Zoe returned from the room in a new outfit, a dress, and her hair up in a messy bun, which I found adorable. "I'm ready!" she said grabbing her handbag and slipping into her shoes. 

"You look gorgeous," I said with a smile standing up and shutting the lid of my laptop. I walked over to her and kissed her gently before putting my shoes on as well. 

"Thank you," she said with a small grin. As we left the apartment and locked it behind us I slipped my hand into Zoe's and everything felt right. 

________________

"Want to go down to the beach now?" I asked with a grin. I knew Zoe would be hesitant, but we had just finished dinner and the sun was just about to set. I wanted to show her what a sunset on a California beach looked like. 

"You are the true romatic Alfie Deyes, I'm surprised you've never had a girlfriend before," she said with a laugh. 

"You're the first and the best girlfriend I've ever had," I reminded her as I wrote on the check how much the tip was going to be for our waiter. 

"Why thank you sir," she said with another giggle. We waited a few minutes before getting up and going down to the beach. "It's so warm here," she said smiling at me. 

"We aren't in England anymore," it was now my turn to laugh. Zoe loved the beach. She had been to other beaches in England before, but she could never put her feet in the water, it was always freezing. And the shore was usually made up of rocks instead of sand. 

She just kept running back and forth on the wet sand watching her footprints make impressions in the sloppy mix and then watching the footprint disappear. I'd never seen her so happy before, I couldn't help but smile at it. 

"I'm guessing you like the beach," I said as she ran back to me. This special gleam in her eye. 

"Oh Alfie, I love it so much. Thank you for brining me here," she said grinning. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed me softly before running off to dip her feet in the water yet again. Nothing could go wrong with Zoe, everything was finally right. 

xxx