Alfie

The next few days went by so slowly. I was running out of things to occupy myself with. I filmed loads more videos and I cleaned the house inch to inch. I wanted it to be perfect and pristene when Zoe returned from LA. It had to be perfect. 

I spend a full day dusting, vaccuming, and wiping down all the surfaces. I washed the sheets and organised the pantry as well as the fridge. I hated cleaning so I was definitely stooping quite low. 

Before Zoe had ever lived with me, it always seemed like I had loads of things planned for every week, but this was the most boring week ever. I had nothing planned and nothing to do to help the time go faster to when Zoe was going to return. 

In the end, I decided to call Marcus and see if he wanted to invite a few people to come over for a party of sorts. It would be fun, and it would sort of make a mess, so I would be able to have more cleaning to do. 

When I called Marcus he was more than happy to invite a few people over to my place to hang out. He told me he missed me because I had been spending all my time with Zoe and he thought it was good that we were getting a little break from one another. 

I didn't think it was good at all. 

Early that afternoon before the boys arrived I texted Zoe and asked her if she was available to skype. She replied immediately and told me she would love to. I smiled and rushed into the bedroom to get to the desk and open my laptop. 

As soon as I opened it, the skype noise started up and Zoe's face appeared on the screen. I selected the accept button and smiled as Zoe's actual moving face appeared on the screen. "Alfie!" she said with a smile that sent my heart into jitters. 

I loved her so much. 

We talked for ages. Zoe told me all about the job and how they were starting a few new series and launching a few new channels that they wanted Zoe to be a major part of. But she also told me that the once every two weeks schedule woould work perfectly since she would be able to work from far away a lot of the time. 

I was glad she was so happy, it seemed like she was having a great time. She had also met loads of new people and made loads of new friends. I was glad that Zoe had said yes to an opportunity that was scary for her. That made me even happier. 

xxx