Alfie

Zoe was moving away. Zoe was moving away. Zoe was moving away. This was the only thought that could go through my mind as I nodded to everything that Zoe was telling me. She was telling me more about her job and how excited she was when I opened my mouth and asked her the only question that popped into my mind. 

"So I'm guessing you took the job?" She didn't answer and I had to leave the room. I couldn't stand it anymore. I had taken so much time out of my life to make sure that Zoe would be able to move in with me and now she was moving out. I wasn't mad at her neccessarily, but just frustrated. 

I was sitting at the table in the kitchen when there was a knock at the door. Who on earth would be coming to our house. No one ever came to my house, like never. I stood up and thought it would probably be the mail guy or something. 

I was surprised to see Marcus when I opened the door. "Hey you look surprised. We're have lunch together, remember?" he said with a grin walking in a plopping down on the couch. It was so like Marcus to be snarky and jokey like that. 

"Oh, ya," I said looking at the ground trying to put on a smile even though I wasn't feeling happy on the inside.

Before Marcus could ask what was wrong the bedroom door opened and Zoe came out. She had been crying so much, but she actually looked fine. Her eyes weren't red and her face was clean. I was surprised. 

"Hello Marcus!" she said with a voice that was almost too cheerful to be real. Did she get over the fact that she was moving already? I felt like a second thought, I felt like she had already forgotten me, even though I knew it wasn't true. 

I was so excited for everything to be finally right when Zoe moved in, but now everything was just wrong. Everything was so wrong. 

xxx