Zoe

The first day was scary, really scary. But they only got better and easier after that first day. 

I met Shay and he introduced me to basically everyone on the first day, so I just did a lot of handshaking and basically nothing else. It was easy and fun, but a test on my social anxiety considering that I had to talk to loads of people. 

Everyone seemed so nice though and it was someplace I really wanted to work. I'd never really had a job like this before, but I already knew I was going to love it.

The next day went even better because I got my own cubicle and I was told all the videos they wanted me to film this week and the channel they were launching that I was going to basically head off. I had never had this much importance anywhere before and it was making me quite confident of myself.

A few days into the week Alfie texted me and asked if I wanted to skype. I readily agreed and enjoyed seeing his face. I had missed him, but I had been so busy with my job he kind of just slipped through my mind a bit when I was working hard. 

Not only was I in charge of being in a lot of videos, but I helped edit quite a bit too. I was so busy that I didn't have time or room to think about Alfie and be sad about him not being with me. It made me feel bad about myself that I didn't miss him though. 

When I saw his face on skype that night though, all the feelings came back and I became quite emotional. I told Alfie everything that had happened with my job and he just listened and it was just nice. He then told me everything he had done. 

Marcus was coming over with a few friends for a small party and I was glad that Alfie wasn't just sitting around and moping, he was going to have friends over. "I miss you," I said towards the end of the conversation. Neither of us had really said it outloud yet, but I knew we were both thinking it. 

"I miss you so much Zoe. I've been having a terrible time all alone. I cleaned the house and I went shopping. I never go shopping or clean Zoe! I just miss you so much and I don't have anything to do. I can't wait to see you on Friday..." his words peetered out and he started to get quite emotional. 

I was upset that Alfie was so sad, but it was finally time for me to do something for myself for a change. Even if it upset Alfie this much, I knew it was worth it. 

xxx