Zoe

Alfie had made me dinner, but I couldn't even thank him for it. I couldn't open my mouth to say anything because I knew that if I did I would burst into tears. I just kept thinking over and over again about how we woudn't be together much longer. 

I had to take that job with Maker, it was literally everything I had ever wanted in life. Then again, Alfie was something that I had wanted in my life for a long time as well, and I was just really conflicted. 

After I had finished eating, I put my dish away, and practically ran into the darkness of the bedroom. I didn't want Alfie to see me crying anymore. I knew how it distressed him, but I didn't want to tell him just yet the reason for my tears. 

We had just moved in together, I didn't want to wreck him and tell him it wasn't going to last that long. 

It didn't take Alfie more than five minutes before he gently knocked on the door and came into the room. He came under the duvet with me and started to run his hands gently through my hair asking me what was wrong over and over again. 

I didn't want to tell him, but I felt like I had to. "I was offered," The second I opened my mouth I started to sob, the tears rolling down my face and dripping down my nose landing with little splashes onto the duvet. "I have to move again," I managed to get out before breaking down yet again. 

I buried my head into Alfie's chest and sobbed and sobbed letting all my pent up feelings come out at once. I cried myself to sleep in his embrace. 

_______________

When I woke up the next morning Alfie was sitting in bed, awake, with his laptop on his lap. He shut the lid of his computer when he saw that I had woken up. 

"Hey can I have a bit more of an explaination?" he asked gently. I knew he was trying hard not to set me off in tears again. 

"Maker Studios offered me a job to film with them in Los Angeles," I said it quickly so all the words blurred together. Thinking that the faster I said it the less it would be true. 

"Well you aren't moving are you?" he asked worry lines filling up his brow and most of his forehead. I didn't know how to tell him, I didn't even know if I was moving or not. There was a long awkward pause before he spoke again, "So I'm guessing you took the job?" 

xxx