Chapter 26

Unedited

Another two years later, Miki turn seven. We held a mini birthday party at the front yard. As I was setting up the table, a car pulled in. It was Carson and James. Miki jump and ran up to them.

"Yay! Uncle Carson and Uncle James! Did you bring me an awesome present?" She beams. They laugh, Derek lightly chop her head and she pout.

"I knew I should have scold Uncle Carson and James for spoiling you rotten." I shake my head in disbelief. We laughed. It was just the five of us celebrating Miki birthday. 

We sing happy birthday and gave her gifts. She was super happy with all the gifts she has gotten. As the day end, we bid our goodbyes to Carson and James and cleaned up the mess. Miki started to walk around beaming for no reason until we stopped her.

"What are you plotting?" I asked.

"Nothing"

"Miki." Derek gave off his strict fatherly tone. She whines and gave up.

"No fair daddy. You can't do that. I made a wish for my birthday. That is all." She pouts.

"Oh? Well I guess we shouldn't ask what it is, otherwise it wouldn't come true." I patted her head. She turns her head and beam.

"Or it will. If I made a request...." She cups her face with her hands, her eyes sparkle, and practically giving us a puppy eye. I look at Derek and he look at me. We had a feeling where this was going. I sighed.

"Did you wish for a sibling?" She beam even more with hand up in the air and jump up and down. We stopped her before she went further excitement, slowly breaking the news. Once we were done, she drops her head and walk into her room.

Derek pats on my shoulder, signaling he will talk toher. I nodded and watch him entering the house as I finish cleaning.