Chapter 25

Unedited

"You were super clingy to me. You wouldn't let go or leave my side. On the day you got adopted, you cried really hard. I can still remember ran up to me and claim we will get married and have lots of babies. It was a promise, actually." Hearing about this made me turn red. Derek laughed and continues.

"Of course I was sad that we have to part away since I did grow to love you. I didn't accept the promise. I knew one day, you wouldn't remember and you'll probably found someone better. Who knew the one who murder my family was your parent." His smiles turn into a frown. I stroke is cheek and he smile.

"The day you saw me killing your parent, I didn't know it was you. My first thought was to kill any witness but as I walk around the table and saw the adoption paper in plain view, I couldn't help and notice something that caught my eyes. I saw your name and the orphanage we went to. From there, I felt excited. It wasn't how I plan for us to meet but I knew you had to be mine.

I walk to your room, killed your younger brother, knock you out, pull you over my shoulder and saw Miki at the door. She was either still half awake or just didn't see a bloody dead body.

I was about to kill her but she was quicker than I thought. That's when she hugs me and called me daddy." He scrunch his face and I poke it. He look at me brought me closer.

"And you know the rest of the story." He kisses my hair. Wow. We actually knew each other but I didn't have any memories of it. That first time he smiles gently, maybe that was the reason why his gentle smile felt familiar or why he took care of me or let me roam around to do whatever I want.

I have been in loved with him since the beginning.