Chapter 19

Unedited

I woke up to an uncomfortable bed. Opening my eyes, I notice I wasn't at home. I look around and saw white everywhere, and IV drip on my left arm and nurses. Wait... nurses? The nurses notices I was wake and gave me some water in case I felt thirsty.

A doctor came in with two unknown stranger, checking to see if I'm okay.

"Why am I at the hospital? Did something happen?" I panic and instantly touch my stomach. The bump was still there. I gave a relief that my baby wasn't harm but I couldn't figure why I was here or where Derek was and who are the two strangers.

"Sora Ando. We know you have many question as we do too but I would like to let you know we aren't here to harm you. I am Detective Carson and this is my partner Detective James. We had been trying to find you for almost a year." I nodded when he spoke. 

They found me after almost a year. I should have felt very happy and knew someday this will happen. I was but I just want to be with Derek, sadly, I can't. They told me they had him lock up because of what he had done.

They ask me if I'm willing to tell them what happen the year I went missing. I told them everything including what Derek told me. They nodded understanding my story and appreciate that I told them what they need to know including the murder of Derek's parent.

It seem like Derek's parent murder was also a case they encounter when they first started working.

Detective Carson told me they will do their best to allow me have contact with Derek. I felt a little happy they believe my story instead of thinking I was brainwash.

Before they left, I ask them where's Miki. They look at each other.

"Miki?" Detective James asked.

"Yeah. Miki. I told you my adopted younger sister who was also kidnapped with me." I told them. They look at me in confusion.

"Sora. You don't have a younger sister. It was only you, your younger brother, mom and dad. It was only you who was missing and we only found you and Derek"

"What. No I definitely have a younger sister. Her adoption paper was left on my parent desk." I told them. I was starting to panic. Carson went to call the doctor and James came up to me trying to calm me down.

"Sora. The only adoption paper we found was you. You were adopted when you were three."