Chapter 16

Unedited

"You're pregnant"

My world froze. I'm pregnant? My parents never told me I could get pregnant. If I knew, I would have made Derek wear condom. Can I really raise the baby? I don't have a job, let alone I been stuck here since May. 

I put my hand on my stomach. There is a life growing in there. Without realizing it a small smile form on my lip and Derek lean closer to me with a smile. We kiss and rub my stomach.

The next few weeks I started to have craving and mood swings. Poor Derek has to deal with me. I felt really bad but he told me it was okay because it's a common thing during pregnancy.

Derek has been running back and forth from home to the city. He has been cramming his work and school work just to stay by my side. I told him he doesn't need to be protective and I am fine.

About 5 month later, my bump was showing. It wasn't really big but Derek said each person body is different. We went back to the room full of equipment. Today, we are going to find out what I'll be having. 

After the cold gel and the wand rolling, Derek smile and told me we were having a girl. I smile. I didn't care what gender we will be having. It was a baby of our own and I'm proud of it.

After we found out the gender, Derek asks if I want to go out to shop for the baby clothing. I was surprise. I haven't been out since the day I tried to escape. Derek does let me walk around outside the house but not further.

I nodded almost forgetting I was considering missing to the outside world. Derek wanted me to go out in disguise. Since my hair grew longer, I didn't really need any wig except to dress like female as a disguise.

We got in the car and Derek drove to the city. I fell asleep along the way until Derek woke me up with a kiss saying we are there. He carefully help me out the door. I'm surprise he didn't cuff me in case I try to run away.

We walk around from shop to shop. I haven't felt this way for such a long time. It was nice and refreshing. My feet started to hurt so Derek told me to sit down before we head back to the car. I nodded and sat down.

After resting we got up and walk to the car. Derek asks if I'm feeling alright and I nodded. On the way home, I was determine to stay awake to find out where exactly our location is but failed. He sure was a smooth driver.