Chapter 6

Unedited

I'm tired and been pedaling for who knows how long. If passing a forest full of tree isn't enough, what could go wrong? Everything. 

It felt a good full hour since we left the murder's house and now we are on a road with no trees, no building, just dead grass and a dirt path. Luckily, I grabbed some water and snack I found around the kitchen. I decided to take a small break and gave some snack to Miki.

During the whole ride, Miki was enjoying the scenery, pointing at the far distance with the ocean or river and mountains at the foreground. 

I agreed with her because the place was kind of nice. I always enjoy look out of the car or building window because the landscape is very interesting, unique and beautiful.

After a quick break, I started to pedal again for another 30 minute. It was really tiring and at one point, Miki wanted to peddle but I wouldn't let her.

 She was too small and can barely reach the pedal. I began to breathe heavily, so I stopped, got off the bike with Miki doing the same, told Miki to stay where she is and to not run off or the monster will eat her. She nodded and quietly plays with stuffed toy.

Sitting there, I started to think what will happen when we finally reach home. Are we going to be place in orphanage? No, they won't place me in orphanage, I'm already 18 but Miki will have to go back to the orphanage. The thought of Miki going back to the orphanage made my heart break.

We adopted Miki two years ago. She was found at the front door of the orphanage without knowing anything. To make it worst, she couldn't speak. 

They couldn't find her information on any missing report or runaway. The only information they had was just her first name that was written on a piece of paper, attached to her jacket.

It wasn't until one day my family and I was walking to pass the park near the orphanage where Miki suddenly ran up to me and hug my leg. 

At first, I was confused and she wouldn't let go. After hearing her story from the staff, my parent decided to adopt her. Slowly she opens to the rest of the family. 

I'm kind of happy though. I love my family. We all get along, joke around and were forever happy but it was all shatter.... the hope and dreams.

I wish all of this was just a dream.