Chapter 0

Unedited

I woke up with the sound of muffling. It sounded like an argument, or some kind of debate. Carefully getting out of my bed without waking my little brother, I follow the sound that lead to my parent's room. 

 The door was wide open, and there I saw someone standing next to the bed with a knife up in the air. 

With a swift motion the knife flew up and down, multiple times. I guide my eyes down to where the knife was stabbing and it was my father.

In horror, I let out a small gasp causing the stranger to stop and look over to where I was standing. 

Without a second thought, I bolted out of the room, into my room, and try to wake my little brother up just so we can hide. 

My little brother woke up, rubbing his eye with a yawn and ask me what's going on. I hush him, telling him to not say a word while he hide and I went to grab our little sister.

Just before I could hide my brother, the stranger was already in our room, walking closer and closer to us. 

I tried to shield my brother but the stranger push me aside, grab my brother, who tired to push the stranger away and within a second, the stranger stabbed my brother right in the chest. I watch his arm drop down in limp with blood dripping down to the carpet.

Fears have run throughout my whole body. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. The stranger casually drops my dead brother on the ground, leaving the knife still pierce through his chest and walk closer to me. 

I back up as far as I can until I hit the wall. I was trapped. So many things ran across my mind. I didn't want to die. I had a week until I graduated with my friends and classmates from high school, go to college, get married, and live a peaceful life. 

I felt a hard blow on my head and the last thing I saw was my little sister, standing at the door, hugging her favorite stuffed toy before the darkness consumed me.