Chapter 18

Unedited

??? Point of view

Me and James walk around the mall until I spotted two couple looking really happy. One of them was pregnant. I smile at how cute they were until I saw the face of the pregnant person. The pregnant person looks like Sora Ando who was missing since almost a year ago.

I quickly signal James just to make sure I'm not imaging it. Both of us are detective and have been on the case of Ando's Family Murder. As soon James confirm, we follow them. The drive was long before we were out of the crowded city. The road is now just us and the car in front us.

The car in front of us stopped at the T-section. The driver got out the car and walk toward us.

"Umm are you following us?" He asked as soon we unroll the window.

"Sorry mate. We are lost because my buddy, who have sense of direction, decided to turn before our exit." James told him in a different accent hoping this would trick him we were jus tourist. The guy looks at us, checking if we were suspicious. He nodded and ask where we were heading.

James grabs the sticky note that was stuck on the air vent. Luckily we had the sticky note with terrible direction in case of emergency. The guy chuckle and actually believe we didn't have a navigation system and only relying on a sticky note.

He told us to make a u-turn from here, then make a right turn after counting five sign and we should be back on the correct road.

James ask the guy where he was heading since this seem to be an off road. The guy said he was heading home using the long route because his wife is pregnant and wanted to enjoy the scenery. 

We nodded understanding that you shouldn't argue with a pregnant person and we congratulate him before taking off.

I look back the mirror to make sure we were out of the view. We called for back up of our location and u-turn back to the road they went on, hoping to catch up with them.