Chapter 12

Unedited

During the next few weeks, we got to know each other more including Miki. He lived in the orphanage from the day he was born until he was 10. A loving couple took him in before they were murder during his middle school year. 

He lost his home, and was sent back to the orphanage because he was underage. Before his parent died, they bought the house we are currently living in for Derek once he graduate high school. 

They hope Derek will become a doctor, who bring smile to the patient since he would often go to the hospital his dad work at and play with the sickly kids. Derek's dad was a doctor while his mother was a designer. Both made enough money to adopt a child since they couldn't conceive.

There's more for his life before his parent died. It made me wonder if that was a starting point of his murdering spree. He never specially said anything related to murder. 

I only once asked why he killed my family, yet he brush it off saying it wasn't my concern. I really do want to know but for some reason I felt he will tell me one day.

My feeling for him started to grow more. I cannot help but accept that I have falling in love with Derek. Even if he was a murder, I just love the feeling whenever I'm around or near him now.

Ever since my failed attempt to escape, Derek had been buying books for Miki and teaching her. Miki didn't mind, in fact, she enjoys it a lot than when she has to go to school. In fact, I notice she been really happy lately.

Looking at our current status, it felt like a family, a family that I once had before they were murdered.