Chapter 8

Unedited

As days flew by, I stop counting on how long we been here. A first, it was boring, until Derek allowed me to walk freely around inside and outside the house. 

I watch TV, played with Miki, and even did some gardening which I started to enjoy. I still haven't found out why he didn't kill me and Miki.

He wasn't home all the time so I assumed he was busy murdering more people but it wasn't until I notice a bunch of books piling on top of each other on the ground and piles of paper on the table, in what assumed was his room.

Since he isn't home right now and he did give me permission to do whatever I wanted, I decided this was my chance to be nosy. 

I walk into his room and it was much messier than I first saw it. There were more books and papers everywhere except for the bed. I couldn't image him a bookworm.

Walking further in, I picked up a random book, and flip through the page without actually reading the title and the content. There were some picture of human anatomy and stuff. It made me wonder if he decided to be a murder because of these books. I browse more and they all seem the same but slightly different.

I look at his desk and there was more paper than books that were scatter and piled on the ground. These papers had red marking- some A's and B's. Amazing. 

He is definitely smart since I barely get B's. Why a smart person like him became a murder, I question myself. Unless all these studying finally made him snapped.

"I'm studying to become a doctor." I jump as I heard a voice out of no where. I look back and saw his arm cross over his chest while leaning against the door frame with a smirk. 

I started to panic because I didn't know what he will do to me after finding out I went into his room without his permission. He walks forward toward me until he stopped and sat on his bed. 

He patted the spot next to him indicating me to sit and so I did, not knowing what's going to happen. None of us said anything for a couple of minute as we sat there.

"Are you studying a doctor degree just so you can learn more where to kill?" I saw him shrug his shoulder. He didn't really have much of a reaction when I asked.

"It's my parent wishes for me to become a doctor and since I had anything else to do, why not. Also, I don't randomly kill anyone without a reason." He paused and looked into my eye."There's a reason why I killed your parent." 

I don't understand why anyone would want to murder my parents. They were aloving family who took care of us. 

I was in such deep thought, I didn't noticehe brought me closer and gave me a hug. In my surprise, I didn't push him back;I just let him hug me. Please don't tell me I'm starting to develop feeling forhim. 

I shouldn't. 

He's a murder and a kidnapper.