Chapter 20

Unedited

"I...I don't understand." I panic more.

"Sora. You were adopted when you were three. Carson and I follow you and Derek home. When we arrive at your home, you were asleep in the car. Derek was inside the house, packing some cloths before we arrested him on the spot. We search the whole house and didn't found anyone else living there."

James rub my back to calm me down. It didn't really help as I started to scream for Derek. The doctor came in and injected something to me before I black out.

The next couple of days, the two detectives came to visit me. They told me, they interrogate Derek to hear his side of the story, and he too said the exact same thing, even mentioning Miki. James also confirms the house did not contain any illegal drugs in case drugs were involved because we both of mention Miki who seem to doesn't exist

Carson told me there will be a court hearing for Derek for what he had done but not to worry because he will help Derek to not get sentence to death or anything long. His team found evidence of my parent killing Derek parent and two others family. 

At the same time, they also found the next few victims my parent planned to kill. I frown hearing my parents were actually murder just to live a decent house to raise us.

On the fifth day stay in the hospital, I came back from the restroom with the help of a nurse. Before climbing onto the bed, I felt something running down on my leg. 

I look down to see a bunch of water on the ground. Then the pain hit me and I scream. The same nurse that help me to the restroom quickly support me up to the bed.

"He's going to labor!" The nurse called the doctor while helping me. The doctor came in to see if I was ready and I was. They wheel me to an operation room for c-section.

By then, everything felt a blur after that. I only remember hearing a cry and a shout that it was a girl. They hand me the baby who was still yucky up to my chest. I cried before everything went black.

I woke up an hour later and next to me was a baby. My baby started to whimper so I pick her up and cradle her. I hum some tune before actually looking at her face. 

Once I did, I was shock. I look around to see if there was any calendar but couldn't find any until the nurse came in to record the name for the birth certificate.

As soon they told me the date and time she was born, my mouth dropped. I deeply stare at the nurse only to blink once and twice, giving the nurse some fright that something bad happen to me. I stopped her before she went to grab a doctor and smile.

"Miki. Her name is Miki Cooper"