Chapter 14

Unedited

I woke up with a nice cozy feeling by my side. It was night time and my stomach started to growl. I heard Derek chuckle and saw we were naked. My face heat up as the flash of memories that happened today ran across my mind.

"Shouldn't we eat?" I asked. Derek shrugs not wanting to get out of the comfy zone.

"Or I can eat you." He gave me a smug look. I pinch his nose as he let out a yelp. Derek put his hand up in surrender and I gave out a giggle. We got dress, went to the kitchen, made a meal together without making a mess, watch some TV before showering and cuddling together to sleep.

By now, something felt missing or I'm just forgetting something. I couldn't place my thought on what it was. The thought didn't last long but it's just a feeling whenever we walk out the bedroom. It wasn't how I'm in love with Derek or the death of my family but I just felt there was something... just something I'm forgetting.

The next few days, was pretty much the same as usual except with a few love here and there. If he ends up coming home late, I would sleep in my room. Otherwise, we would be in his room.

As I watch him work on his homework, I frown at the thought of me being in college by now. Derek saw the frown and asked me what's wrong.

"I would be in my first year of college right now..." I trailed off looking down the ground. Derek got up from his desk and hugs me from behind.

"I'm sorry" was all he said.

---

"You're alive? Impossible! We made sure you were dead!"

"It wasn't me you killed. You killed my sibling, a new brother or sister my parent was going to surprise me with after I came back from school."

"St-stay away! I can't died here!"

"Too late. Your wife is dead. Now its your turn"

"Sora... Sora..." I woke up shaking with sweats and look over to Derek just to find him all worry. He hug and kiss me. We sat there until I stop shaking. Derek asks me if I had a nightmare and if I would like to talk about it. I thought about it if I should talk about it.

Derek reassures me if I don't want to talk about it, it was okay. The kind gentle word and tone he just gave me, made me felt better. So I decided to tell him. When I finished, he frown with tears streaming down his cheeks.

Derek tried to hold back his tears as he told me the full story of why he murder my family. I gave him a hug. I don't know why. It wasn't like I believed or forgive him, its just he had such a strong feeling for his dead parent to shed tears while I didn't.