Chapter 5

Unedited

Derek saw the sadness on my face, got up and walked out. Meanwhile, Miki was still playing with her stuffed toy and my stomach started to grumble, so I decided to finish eating. 

I want to go home but where is home when half of your family was killed? The more I thought about the current situation, the more I wonder why these events happen.

Suddenly I remember I didn't hear the door lock when Derek walked out. I got up and carefully walk to the door. Miki look up to see what I was doing and I told her to stay were she was. 

At the door, I slowly twist the door knob and slowly push the door open. Yes! It open! I peep through the crack door and wow this house look so amazing. 

The place was really clean and decent. You can't even tell this person was a murder! I push the door wide open, look around and the coast was clear, he wasn't here.

I walk up to a door that had a different color than the rest of the door in the house, hoping it would lead to the outside world. 

I turn the knob and push open. With my eye wide open I see nothing but trees, grass and a small dirt path which I'm hoping it lead to freedom.

Looking around the side of the house, I saw a bike with a back seat, pumped my fist in the air and ran back inside to the room where Miki and I stayed.

"Miki, lets go!" I wave at her to come over.

"Go where big brother?" She walks over to me, hugging her stuffed toy.

"To home." I smile for the first time since we were kidnapped.