Chapter 23

Unedited

Warning. The following court system in this story is all made up and does not follow the same rule as our real world. Please do not compare it to the real world.

The trial went on for another hours. The judge asked Derek for his side of story. Some people felt sympathy while others think he doesn't deserve a second chance.

In the end, the judge made the finial decision that Derek is found guilty for murdering the Ando family. Originally, he was sentences to 18 years in prison but got lower to 5 years because Carson kept his words to me in the hospital.

The judge allows me to have some time with Derek before he was sent to jail. We talked about what had happen to me after Carson and James found me. 

Derek was sad he wasn't there during the birth of Miki. However, Carson and James were kind enough to tell me our status when they interrogate him.

Derek asked how life after getting out of the hospital. I told him I was allowed to live back at the house. Derek showed bit happiness and I knew it was because the house was the last memory he had with his parent and that it wasn't sold to another person.

Aside from talking about me, we talked about Miki. I told him how Miki was different from most babies; she doesn't cry unless she is hungry or need her diaper to change.

We kiss our good bye and I promise him, I will visit him with Miki. Derek smile and the guard took him away.

Carson and James drove me home. I couldn't stop thanking help for helping us, especially Carson. He helped by showing evidences of what my parents did to his family that result his action.

As the day end, I put Miki into her crib, sang some tune and went to my room. It was quiet and lonely, so I went to Derek room, lie on his bed, and slowly fell asleep.