Chapter 24

Unedited

5 years later, we waited outside of the prison for our special person. As soon he pops out of the door, Miki ran up to him and attacked him with full force.

"Daddy! You finally came back for us! Miki miss you!" She snuggles into his chest. He froze. I gave him a confusion look and grab Miki out of his arm as she let out a disappointed whine.

"Something wrong?" I gave him a kiss on the cheek as we walk to my car. Well, it was originally Derek but I been driving it for 5 years now. Couldn't help but claim it as mine. Four years ago, James taught me how to drive and Carson helped me found a job. When they were either off duty or had some free time, they would drop by and play with Miki.

"No it's just... she said the same thing when we first met... that's all." I chuckle as I remember him telling me why he didn't kill her. When we got home, he was surprise nothing changed. 

I didn't want to change anything since the house technically wasn't under my name or mine to begin with. Miki ran to her room grab her favorite stuffed toy. Derek laughs as he also remembers her holding that.

When Derek first bought items for the nursery, he didn't realizing the stuffed toy he bought was the same toy she was holding when they first met.

We had our first family time at home. Although, we did have a quick family time while visiting, it wasn't that comfortable since we couldn't do much but talk. Miki did most of the talking about how her day was and so on. The look Derek gave while listening to Miki was very caring.

After we enjoyed our first family moment, we put Miki to bed before we went to our room. Yes, it is now officially our room, and cuddle. We kisses before Derek spoke.

"You know, we met before we were bothadopted." I look at Derek in surprise. He said we both were place in thesame orphanage. I was three and he was ten.