20

A few days past and the final exams were rolling up quick. Next week is test week then the seniors are off. Mark rests his head in Jack's lap, reading a history textbook as Jack played with Mark's hair with one hand and scrolled through possible universities.

Mark softly purrs as Jack plays with his hair. "You know, people back then were pretty dumb. I mean, mercury gave you immortal powers?"

Jack shrugs. "They didn't know. Yeah, it is stupid but still. They didn't know and they only knew what went with their beliefs," he pulled his hand away from Mark. "Did you schedule a doctor's appointment?"

Mark sighs against Jack's leg. "Yes, I did."

"Speaking about your doctor's appointment," Mark's mother says, walking into the room as she slipped her jacket on. "I need you to find a ride there because I'll be working late that night."

"Alright, mom," Mark mumbles.

Mark's mother kissed his head. "Behave, don't destroy the house, and no funny business," she says. "I have to go to work," she turns away and leaves the house.

Mark snuggles Jack more. "Can you take me to my doctors appointment on Thursday?" Mark asks, giving his green-blue haired lover puppy eyes.

"Of course," he smiles, ruffling Mark's hair.

Mark turns his head and gave Jack's belly button a kiss, since he was shirtless. "I love you."

"I love you too, sweets. Now get back to studying."