One too many

You transferred from the (H/C) institute to the New York Institute, you never thought that you were going to be able to work in other countries but you jumped at the idea, you wanted to go to other places and you heard that The New York Institute worked differently and that it was run by someone your age, to say you were excited was the lower side of spectrum.

You walked into the institute and was greeted by Maryse Lightwood "Hello (Y/N)." She smiled.
"Hi, Mrs Lightwood." You greeted.
"Come this way I'll introduce you to my sons." She smiled, she walked over to the training room where you saw the weapons lining the walls and there were two boys in their training and a girl with dark hair who walked up to you as soon as she saw you walk in. "This is my daughter Izzy."
"Nice to meet you." You smiled and she shook your hand.
"I can take it from here mum." Izzy smiled and Maryse looked at her before nodding and walking away. "Sorry about my mum."
"No need to apologise." You waved a hand dismissing her as she smiled before gesturing for you to walk over to the boys.
"Hey, Guys!" Izzy called the two boys were staring each other down and the sudden noise had made them both jump, they looked at her and finally noticed the new face that was with her.
"Hey, Izzy who's this?" The blonde one asked taking his gloves off.
"I'm (Y/N)." You said sticking your hand out to shake his.
"I'm Jace and this is Alec." He smiled and you nodded in acknowledgement.
"You're the new transfer right?" Alec asked and you nodded.
"That would be me." You nodded.
"Well let's see what you can do." He suggested and you smiled nodding before walking into the middle of the training room.

None of them had expected you to be so good, some who say that you rivalled Jace in skill and many often made the joke that Alec should watch his back. One night you were on a mission and all four of you were back to back you looked around and saw that the closest demon was in front of you, you quickly grabbed the arrow from Alec's quiver and then stabbed the demon in the eye before throwing it at the other one that was about to jump on Jace. "That was 5 by the way." You smiled and they looked at you.
"5 demons or 5 times that you saved our lives?" Jace asked a smirk plastered on his face and you shrugged.
"Both." You answered before throwing the Seraph dagger into the demon that had appeared behind them.

Alec and Jace had both been acting weird ever since you saved them and you had no idea why you decided to confront them while they were training. "Hey, guys!" You called as you walked in and they both looked over at you.
"Can I ask you something?" You asked and they nodded. "Why are you both being weird?"
"We're not," Alec answered.
"So the displays of dominance are normal?" You asked they were both silent so you repeated the question and they sighed.
"We've been weird because we both like you," Jace answered stepping forward. "We've been trying to get you to like one of us better."
"So you've been fighting because of me?" You asked and they both looked at each other. "Well I was not expecting that and it is flattering but you have a bond that you are weakening and I can't have that, so until you guys work this out I have to be out of the picture."
"Wait (Y/N)!" Alec called.
"Quicker you fix it the quicker I come back!" You yelled before disappearing around the corner.