PURE MAGIK

"There is nothing more I can do, Isabelle. I'm sorry" Magnus says.

"But there has to be something! There has to be someone who can find them!" the brunette yells, frustrated.

Her brothers, Alec and Jace, had gone on a mission two days ago and never made it back to the institute. Every shadowhunter was on it, all around the world, just in case they were thrown into a portal. No one has been able to locate them. Maryse was the one to ask for Magnus' help, which expresses how desperate she is to find her boys.

"There might be someone, but she is hard to find" the warlock speaks, turning to the Lightwood women. "She has the ability to hide her magic, which makes it impossible to track her down."

"What is she?" asks Maryse.

"A witch. A pure blood witch. Her magic has no limits, she could make Earth implose if she wanted to. She's basically a lethal weapon."

"I heard of her, I thought it was a tale" says Isabelle, furrowing her brows. "How do we find her?"

"We don't. She lives among the mundanes, very few people know what she looks like. All I know is her name, Y/N Y/L/N."

"Maybe Luke can help, he's a cop he has access to that kind of stuff" Isabelle says with hope. "It can't be that hard to track someone down."

Magnus glances at Maryse, waiting for her reaction. The woman turns to her daughter, "contact Luke, give him the information. Say its important." And with that Izzy leaves the room, her phone in hand, already dialing the werewolf's number.

"I need you" Theo states, entering the room.

"Well, hello to you too, Theo."

"Y/N, please. Two shadowhunters went MIA two days ago, we can't locate them."

I sigh, putting my phone down. I glance at Theo, a shadowhunter from the London Institute and a friend of mine. Also one of the very few people to actually know what I am capable of.

"I don't interfere in the whole magic world, let even the shadowhunters one" I declare.

"Come on, you already did. You saved my ass last night!"

"You were going to die! It was reckless of you to think you could take a whole pack of werewolves on your own."

"Y/N, please. You know I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important. They might be in danger" Theo pleads.

"Or having a blast in Miami."

I get up from the couch, facing Theo. "Do you have something that belongs to them?" I sigh. He shakes his head no. "But there's a warlock there, maybe he can portal over here and take something of theirs to us."

"You're younger than I expected" Magnus' says.

"Sorry to disappoint" I smile. "What do you got for me?"

"Tooth brushes?" he says, handing them to me.

"Perfect. They are in New York, 69th Street Transfer Bridge" I declare, handing the items back to him.

"Just like that?" Magnus says, stunned.

"Just like that. The brunette is on a bad shape though, you might wanna bring Theo with you so he can draw some of those healing runes all over him."

"Or we could just go together, so you can use one of your tricks to heal him" Theo presses.

I put my hand on his forehead, noticing how warm his skin is. "What is this?" I ask, pointing to a mark on his right arm. It doesn't look like a rune, it looks like nothing I've ever seen before. Magnus squats besides me, scanning the mark, tracing it with his fingers. "I don't know, but it looks like something really dark." We exchange a worry look. "There might be a way to save him, but never tried it before. It's powerful, I know it exists but I don't know if it actually works." "Do it" I hear behind me. Turning around I take a look at the blonde shadowhunter, Jace. I take in the blood on his shirt and the pain in his eyes. He had been stuck in here with his dying brother, his parabatai, for two days. Unable to get him out of here, unable to save him, watching him die slowly in his arms. I could feel he was weak, he was hurt baldy, but managed to hold on to life in order to stay by Alec's side, too scared to sleep and to wake up to a dead body.

"There is a risk. A huge one, I don't know what I'm doing" I warn.

"He will die anyway. The mark is something dark, it took all of his energy away. No rune will ever be able to heal him. And if Magnus can't, you're the only one who stands a chance. Please" Jace pleads.

"Whatever happens, it stays between us. I don't want to be involved in the magic world. My powers are powerful, people will take advantage of it. The Clave will take advantage of it."

"The Clave doesn't like downworlders" Jace points out.

"There is nothing demoniac in me, I'm pure magic."

I grab Alec's hand. "Alright, let's do this. I'm sorry if I fail" I say to him, caressing his hair. As I tighten my grip on his hand, his eyes flutter open. Our eyes lock, and our entire lives goes through our pupils. From our first memories to our last, our lives getting linked together. I close my eyes, snapping out of transe.

"What happened, what was that?" Alec asks, worried.

"I don't know, I-" I reply, getting away from him. "I need some fresh air."

"What happened, Y/N?" Theo asks, taking a sit next to me.

"I think I just linked my life to his" I whisper.

"What do you mean, linked your life to his? As if, if he dies you die?"

"No, it's... deeper. He knows all of me, I know all of him. I stripped my soul naked."

The three boys approach us, Jace still limping from his unhealed wound. "Let me take care of that" I say to him, brushing my hand over his thigh. The wound closes, just like that. "Is there something you can't do?" Magnus says in awe. I shrug, turning to Alec. "Are you ok?" He nods, a shy smile playing on his lips.

"We should get going" I speak, turning to Theo.

"Stay" Alec blurts out, words coming out of his mouth before he even realizes. "I mean, you saved our lives, let us be your hosts for a night" he adds, blushing.

"Alec is right. No one needs to know who you are or what you are. It stays between us" Jace says. "Plus, you two are kind of linked together now, what's up with the perimeter?"

"The perimeter?" Theo asks.

"Oh God, I didn't even thought about that! How do you know about that!" I accuse.

"According to the tales, two people who's lives are linked can't be too far away from each other without feeling a hole in their heart. And if Alec gets a hole in his heart, I get one two. The perks of being parabatais. He's a pain in the ass, but you kind of get used to it."

"Fuck you" Alec and I speak in unisson.

"Alright, we need to work on that. I won't deal with you two complaining at the same time" Jace states, walking off the beach. "But save some of it for Simon!" he adds, turning around, tripping over a rock in the process.

I laugh, looking at Theo, waiting for his approval. He says nothing but follows Jace, stating that he is fine with staying for the night. "Or forever" I think to myself, noting that London is too far away from New York. From Alec. The elder Lightwood walks by my side, and I note that the mark is not there anymore. "He's hot, could have been worse."