Babe

Summary: Y/N got seriously hurt on a mission and Alec is worried about her.

After Y/N got hurt on a mission, Alec had never stopped taking care of her. She had been unconscious for the past two days and he was starting to worry about it. 
Izzy was sat beside him. 
“Everything is going to be fine, Big bro” she said, stroking his arm gently.
“No, it’s not. And you know it” he gazed away. He didn’t look fine at all. His face was pale and it was clearly that he wasn’t sleeping well because of his big eye bags. “I can’t lose her Izz”. 
Someone knocked the door. 
“Jace, I..” Alec opened the door and stopped talking abruptly. “Mother. What are you doing here?” He sounded surprised. And of course it was a surprise. 
Maryse didn’t like Y/N, or that’s what he thought. Their relationship wasn’t bad, but when Alec’s mother was at the institute, they  kept distance and didn’t talk to each other. 
“Alexander. How is Y/N?” She asked ignoring his previous question. 
“I’m not letting you in if you don’t give me a good reason” he rolled his eyes. 
“Don’t be childish. Max begged me. He wants her to be in his rune ceremony” she added impatiently. “I care about her, Alec. It might seem like I don’t, but as a mother I recognize that she makes you happy. And even If i wanted, I can’t change that”. 
“Or maybe it’s just one more rule from The Clave. Do they need Y/N for any reason?Because she’s not going anywhere and less in this” Once more Maryse didn’t listen to her son and entered the room looking at the girl lying on the bed. 
“Mother” Izzy greeted, standing up instantly. 
“Isabelle” she said in response. “The runes aren’t working. Are they? ” she asked staring at Y/N who was still asleep, giving no signs of waking up soon.
“No. That’s why I called Magnus. He’s on his way” Izzy said.
“Mother, you better go. I’ll let her know about the ceremony” Alec said from behind. He was tired, frustrated, and he was starting to lose his temper. It was typical of him to do that. Instead locking himself up and crying he usually gets angry with everyone, even with Jace and Izzy. 
The only one who helped him to control himself was Y/N. And the thought of losing her was indescribable for him. She was his everything. 
Maryse sighed and walked out of the room. 
Magnus came as quickly as possible and he tried to help Y/N with some of his warlock spells. “She’ll wake up soon, I healed the wounds. She’s fine” When Magnus said that, Alec’s face relaxed immediately and he couldn’t hide the smile on his face. He thanked the warlock and went straight to see Y/N. He sat on the bed beside her and started talking.
“Y/N, you need to wake up. Babe, I know I said it a lot of times but it had been only two days and it’s been hell. Please” he mumbled.
“Trust me I’d get unconscious more often just to hear you calling me ‘babe’” she answered opening her eyes slightly. He didn’t to say anything back, but he hugged her desperately. “Don’t you ever dare to do that to me again” he accused, Lying down beside her. 
“I’ve missed you” she put her hand on Alec’s cheek and kissed him softly. “By the way, For how long have I slept?” She laughed at herself making his boyfriend chuckle. 
“Two long days” he emphasized 'long’ with a 
Sad tone, as if he was remembering everything  happened in the past few days. 
They were both lying on the bed, enjoying each other’s company. Alec had wrapped her arms around Y/N and she was pressing her head against his chest. 
“Will I be able to go on a mission tomorrow? I’m sure I” Alec laughed sarcastically and interrupted her, rolling his eyes. “You’re not going anywhere” Y/N sighed but instead of arguing him back she stayed silent for a couple of minutes. 
“Alec, I wanted to thank you for” she she looked up at him but he was asleep. He looked like a baby. She stared at him for a moment before saying “Goodnight, 'babe’”