FAllen ANgels

I was sat at my desk typing up reports from previous missions I''d been on that week for the clave when Izzy and Clary skipped up to me.
"Come on you workaholic we've got a mission", Izzy teased.
I finished typing up my last report when Jace and Alec walked in.
'Y/N!". Jace called wanting me to follow them. I tidied my desk up and joined them all at the weapons station.
"So what is it this time? Rogue ravener demons causing havoc with downworlders?", I asked enthusiastically with a hint of sarcasm.
That was all our missions were lately, nothing new and nothing fun.
"Actually no", Clary smiled handing me my throwing knives and my seraph blade,

"Valentine's men this time terrorising the wolf pack and vampires at the Hotel Dumort". She rolled her eyes at the mention of Valentine's name.
I raised my eyebrows in surprise that something exciting was finally happening.

"Are you sure you wanna go on this one Y/N?". Alec asked, looking slightly worried and concerned. I rolled my eyes,
"I'll be fine Alec, plus I've learnt from the best", I winked at him which brought a smirk to his face.
We all walked down the busy street, it was Friday night so we ended up walking past a load of drunk young mundanes who wolf whistled at me as I was walking in front of all the others.
"Hey pretty eyes, why don't you come in for a drink", one of the youths said totally under the influence.
He began to walk beside me.

"Not my type but thanks", I said with a sassy attitude. "Come on baby", he said as he put his arm around my waist.
"HEY", a loud voice came booming from behind me. I stopped and turned to find Alec pushing past Jace to get to us.

"Take the hint". The drunken mundane squared up to Alec,

"Yeah and who are you?". Alec didn't hesitate to step closer to him.
"I'm the one that's gonna put you down if you don't shut your mouth". The intoxicated man threw a punch towards Alec but with Alec's on point reflexes he dodged it.

"WOW!", I screamed standing in between both of them as I knew Alec was getting worked up.
"Just go back to your friends", I pushed the guy back towards the line of the club and carried on walking. I stopped and turned back towards Alec,

"Thanks for that by the way", I don't know why but I couldn't help but smile. He scratched the back of his head,
"D-Don't worry about it". Jace laughed in the background and Alec elbowed him in the ribs.
I walked on with the girls, smiling all the way to our destination.
We eventually arrived at Hotel Dumort where the last report of Valentine's men had been made and we made our way in.
It was deadly silent inside until a loud screeching scream came from upstairs. The building was that old that the echo of the noise threatened to make everything collapse.
We quietly yet quickly ran through the building until we got to the source of the scream.

Alec stood in front of me with his arm protecting me as we walked nearer to the screams. We all stopped to make a plan.

"Why don't I go in and distract them? I mean they are looking for me because they think I have the cup, so they won't kill me". I tried to put my idea across and everyone agreed and liked it apart from Alec.

"You aren't offering yourself up as bait, I-I won't let you". "Alec nothing bad is going to happen, I'll just talk to them. Just let me do this, why are you always so protective of me anyway".

I had be wondering for weeks what was wrong with Alec as he had been acting weirdly around me.
"He's crushing on you", Jace smirked before getting punched in the arm both sides by Clary and Izzy whilst he got death glares from Alec.

A wide smile crept onto my face and before I could think about it my lips were on his. It was quick but it was definitely passionate. I heard Izzy squeal with excitement.
"Not to break this fairytale up but we are sort of on a mission", Jace said as he pulled out his seraph blade.

I pulled away, getting thrown back into reality of where we were. I began to walk towards the entrance of the room to be the bait when Alec pulled me back by my arm, he hesitated but then spoke,
"Good luck". "Thanks, I'm a badass remember", I winked at him and he replied with his famous smirk.

Alec actually liked me, I'm not sure the clave would be happy about it but I certainly was.

I walked into the room slowly but with a smile on my face which probably wasn't the best idea as I had to look the part.

When I walked in I saw 4 of Valentine's men surrounding 2 very weak vampires.

The 2 vamps were badly beaten and had been cut in all kinds of different places so they had lost quite a lot of blood.

"If this isn't breaking the accords then I don't know what is".
They all jumped at the sound of my voice as they had their back turned to me. One man spoke first,

"Y/N, have you decided to give us the cup". "What would happen if I didn't give you the cup exactly?", I asked whilst looking around the room confidently.

"We'll kill you, or we'll give Valentine himself the pleasure of doing it and take it from us that won't end pretty".

"Okay so here's the thing, I'm not gonna give you the cup but this is what's gonna happen, you're gonna let those vamps go and you're gonna go and tell Valentine that he seriously needs to rethink some of his strategies". I put so much sass into it that I even convinced myself that I was confident.

I walked closer to where they were and realised I knew the 2 vamps sat bloody in the corner, "Oh my God, Simon!.....Raphael".
"Let them go now!! They have no part in this, this is between shadowhunters not downworlders.
Let them go.....or else". The confidence that was once shown in my voice was replaced with panic and vulnerability.
"Or else what? Its 4 against 1, what are you gonna do".
"Who said there was only 1", Alec announced but I couldn't see him.
I drew my seraph blade carefully, not taking my eyes off the 4 men.
Then suddenly an arrow shot from the shadows behind me and hit the main man, however it wasn't enough for it to knock him down. Jace, Clary, Izzy and Alec came from all directions and stood with me.
I drew my throwing knives and aimed one at one of the men, and down he went.
"I'll go get Simon and Raphael, cover me",
I informed the others. Jace and Alec fought one of the men and Izzy and Clary fought another. I ran over to Simon and started untying him.
"Are you okay?". He just nodded with half open eyes.

Raphael started shouting with wide eyes but I couldn't tell what he was saying because he was gagged.
Then I felt a hand grab the back of my neck, swinging me onto the floor. It was the third guy. The one with the arrow still stuck in his chest. The main man. Before I could pick my seraph blade up he kicked it across the room. I looked him dead in the eye and he looked back with a sinister smile on his face.
I raced to my feet and began to run to my blade but he grabbed my arm back pulling me towards him.
Then I felt excruciating pain travel all the way through my body. I screamed.
Everything started to go blurry because of the extent of the pain but I saw the man fall down, this time with 3 arrows in his chest. I began to fall which felt like slow motion but I never hit the floor, instead I found myself being caught by someone. Alec.

"Oh my God Y/N, It's okay, you're gonna be okay".

He looked so shocked and all colour had been drained from his face. I began to gasp for air, the pain was getting lighter and lighter and my vision was going in and out.

I looked down and saw the hole a blade had left in my stomach. Alec's hand was putting pressure on it but I knew it was doing no good. I knew there was no getting out of this and this was going to be the last time I would see Alec.

"Alec, I love you. I've loved you since the first time we met. You're the most kind hearted person I know....don't let anyone say any different". I whispered the words as I was too weak.
"You're gonna make it, you're gonna be fine. Izzy we need to take Y/N back to the institute....the infirmary now". Izzy just stood helplessly, crying into Jace's shoulder who also had Clary on the other side doing the same, she knew it was too late to do anything and so did Alec. Alec looked down at me,
"Please don't leave me Y/N, I need you, I love you". I tried to give him a reassuring smile,

"You'll be okay, I'll always love-", I couldn't finish my sentence and as I took my last breath a tear ran down my cheek.

Alec began to sob as Jace joined him on the floor to comfort him whilst Clary and Izzy cried into each other. Simon and Raphael remained in their corner, too stunned to move.