what are u hiding from me Part 2

credits to because i can stuff on tumblr 

Bff/n turned back around and looked at me, having a silent conversation with me about how cute this guy behind her was and me telling her to back off. A slightly awkward "Uhh... hi" broke our conversation apart. "Hi Alec!" I beamed at him, happy to actually get the chance to see him again. Looking back at my best friend I signaled her to nicely get lost and give me some alone time with Alec, to which she happily obliged and left, but not before giving me a thumps up and a devilish grin. After she left Alec took the now unoccupied seat opposite me and smiled that cute smile of his. We sat there in the library and just started talking, like we've known each other for years. We talked about everything that came to our minds, but something still seemed off about him, for example as I asked about his major or just about anything school related, he just brushed it off and started a new topic, I didn't pay much thought to that, some people just don't like to talk about university or school in their free time, maybe he was such a person. We just talked upon hours and hours, didn't even realizing how late it has become. We only broke our conversation apart because Alec got a call and had to leave, but not before exchanging numbers and promising to see each other again. Over the course of the next few weeks Alec and I meet occasionally up and talked and just had a great time together, but with each meet up something seemed more and more off about him and I just couldn't place why, maybe it was the fact that more than once Alec left the library and Bff/n entered just a few seconds after him, but telling me to not have seen him walking out. Or that he always got a call during our conversations and having to leave abruptly. Every time I tried to talk about these things, he brushed me off, he was hiding something and I could sense it, but I just couldn't bring myself to think something negative about this guy, he just didn't seem not like a bad person.

After yet another lunch date with Alec I made my way home, somehow feeling slightly uneasy, like someone was watching me, but when I turned around there was no one, telling myself that I was just imagining things, didn't help either, it was the middle of the day, what could happen? But even that thought didn't calm me one bit, I still felt uneasy. And not even two minutes later that feeling got confirmed. Someone or rather something pulled me into the next alley and threw me against the house wall making my whole body ache in pain, at bloody freaking daytime, might I add. Who would capture someone in bright daylight? Just why? But my thoughts got cut short as that thing slowly made its way in my direction, looking as if its only purpose was to kill me. And the real horrifying fact about this situation is, that literally made a mental note to include this scene into the fiction story I was writing for literature class, well that was if I survive this demon like creature. Now cowering against the brick wall my mind stared to go into overdrive again and I felt a panic attack about to come, but not before I saw a familiar figure shooting an arrow. A freaking arrow, who shoots arrows in New York City, guns yeah okay, but arrows really... The creature came closer and closer and with each step it took its mouth opened wider until I was able to see its fangs covered tentacles coming out of its mouth, as this thing was just about a feet away from me it raised its claws about to plunge them into my heart and probably turning me into its freshly dead dinner, but before this could happen it got hit by an arrow and disappeared into dust, but my main focus was on the person who shoot that arrow, it was none other than Alec himself and just like the first time we met he knelt in front of me calming me down, due to me tending to forget to breath when my mind decides to go into overdrive. After Alec successfully calmed me down I realized that I had about a million questions about what just happened. And like the person I am I just started asking "What did just happened? What was that thing? What did you do to it? Who did you know where I was? How come you run around NYC with quiver and bow? And why...." At that Alec cut me off with a move I most certainly didn't expect. He just grabbed my face and kissed me, like his life depended on it and might I say it was a very nice way to shut me up. After he pulled away I sat there awestruck with wide eyes and another question to add to the list. "Why did you just do that?" "Well, you wouldn't shut up and I actually wanted to do that for a while now" He told me sheepishly while rubbing his neck awkwardly. "It definitely was a nice way to get me to stop talking" I told him smiling and blushing furiously. After that encounter Alec took me home and told me everything, because obviously he couldn't hide it from me anymore. He told me about demons and about shadowhunter, downworlders, the NYC Institute and also that he never studied at the NYU. I admit it was a lot to take in, but in the end it didn't really change anything between me and Alec. And after all that I started writing this incredible story about the shadowworld, changing some things here and there and then handing it in and getting an A from my professor, him telling me that my imagination is exactly what I need in his literature class. If only he knew.

The End