Jealousy Confession

Alec Lightwood. A lot of adjectives could be added in front of his name, but the one you liked to use the most is annoying. It wasn't long ago that you were dragged into the whole supernatural world by your neighbour Clary and her best friend Simon. And right off the bat, Alec started a disagreement about what would be the best course of action for the mission they were on. It continued and often escalated every time you met, but there was undeniable sexual frustration bubbling underneath as well. Neither of you would admit to your feelings and both believed the other had no feelings at all.

Here you were, leaning against a tombstone in the front yard of the old cathedral the Shadowhunters used as headquarters. Because of your family's social status, you had access to many influential places. Places you didn't know were guarded against the supernatural. No one was allowed to enter or attend an event without an invitation or escort of someone known. Luckily, Isabelle remembered your friend Jack was attending a prestigious event with a dangerous client and you provided invitations.

"Can we go already? I mean, is princess Alec ready yet?" You batted your eyelashes at her and she snorted rather unceremoniously, "you do know my brother likes you, right?"

Now it was your turn to scoff, "I doubt Alec Lightwood could like anyone other than himself."
"I don't see why you don't just tell him."

"Oh, do you walk up to people and just tell them you like them?" You walk up to Isabelle with a sultry look in your eyes, flirtatiously tipping her chin. "Excuse me, gorgeous. Can I have the time? I'd check my watch, but I can't take my eyes off you."

When Isabelle realised you were making an awful pun, she grinned and pushed you slightly away. She cleared her throat, "trust me. That would definitely work on my brother."

"What would?" You both turned to the sound of the voice and you saw Alec standing there in a black tux, white button-up, and striped tie. His eyes wandered up and down your body and you scoffed, "a watch would fit you nicely."

He rolled his eyes and you led them to the limousine waiting on the pavement in front. Your driver drove you to the mansion, people bustling around. You handed each an invitation, but Isabelle interrupted you with pairing arrangements.

"I take dibs on Simon." The young vampire grinned and you narrowed your eyes. You turned to Clary, "I know you're my neighbour, but I'm borrowing your boyfriend for tonight."

Clary chuckled and waved you off, which made you cross your arms. "Traitors." Your eyes connected with Alec who had an indescribable expression on his face. The driver opened the door and you all piled out one by one in silence.

Alec and you went first to show them how the procedure goes, the guards greeting you with wide smiles. "Welcome back, miss (l/n)."

"Thank you. These are my guests," you waved to the two pairs behind you, the guard nodding. When you saw Jack in the distance, his eyes trained on the arriving guests, he quickly made his way to you. He kissed your knuckles,"so good to see you again, my lady."

"Why, Jack. How kind of you to invite us all."

His vibrant green eyes fell on your partner who was giving him a cold stare. "I'm afraid introductions will have to wait for later, I'd like you to join me for toasts, (y/n)."

"Oh, I-I'd be delighted." You blushed at his invitation, never having him be so bold in public with you. His hand landed on the small of your back as he guided you away from the rest, a knowing look directed towards both Alec and Isabelle.

The evening proceeded as usual, but you felt bad for leaving Alec on his own. However, he did have a mission to finish, so you assumed it was for the better. Every time your gaze wondered, it would meet Alec's cold glare. You excused yourself from Jack and made way to a more quiet part of the grand hall.

"Too much dancing for the lady?" Alec's tone was filled to the brim with sarcasm, a sigh left your lips out of pure frustration. But you were determined to apologise to him even if you thought he wasn't worth it at times. "Sorry I just... I didn't think it would take so long with Jack."

"Don't apologise. You did your part, you can have fun with Jack."

You took off your heels, "I apologised because it was rude of me to leave you like that. Okay? But I'll remember not to do it again."

You mock bowed and turned on your bare feet, heading to the terrace. The music could still be heard and you closed your eyes, enjoying the soft melody in silence. Someone cleared their throat and you turned around, seeing none other than Alec. He takes a moment to finally meet your gaze, "you can make it up to me with a dance."

"What?"

"For standing me up." He extended his hand and you giggled for the first time in his presence, giggled because of the way he said something. The two of you danced close together, almost too afraid to look into each other's eyes. You gulped something thick and Alec chuckled, "why are you giving me the death grip?"

"I'm nervous," you quipped and looked up at him with those innocent eyes he loved ever so much. He wanted to press your lips to his so badly, but the thought of rejection clouded his judgement.

You leaned up and took the chance to kiss him yourself as if reading his mind, having him break from his trance in shock.

"I-I'm sorry," you attempted to step away when he pulled you back in, kissing you passionately. His hands slid down to your waist, drawing patterns that sent shivers down your spine.

"I think that was better than Jack could've done." He smirked and you blinked wildly, "were you jealous?"

"Maybe a little."

"Oh, Alec." A chuckle left your lips and your cheek pressed against his shoulder.