Chapter Fifty Three - Home

Josh's P.O.V

I held Rosie's tiny frame tight against my own. I still felt like she could disappear any moment, like I was going to wake up and all this was going to have been a dream. She stirred slightly in her sleep, moving closer to me before settling again. She was so beautiful.

It felt so surreal, I was so happy, but I was so confused. But none of that even mattered, she was here, after the most amazing night of my life. I never wanted to move from this spot, right here in bed with the girl of my dreams, the love of my life.

I ran my fingers through her soft red curls and smiled. I hadn't smiled like this in months. It felt good. I missed her.

I needed her.

I could have held her like that for days. Just staring at her beautiful face and listening to the sound of her breathing.

I'm not even normally awake this early. But the excitement had kept me awake half the night and woken me hours ago. Rosie just slept peacefully in my arms though.

I couldn't wait to spend forever with her. I couldn't wait to see her open those beautiful blue eyes again and smile at me and hear those three words slip past her lips again. They made me the happiest man alive. She made me the happiest man alive.

If someone had of told me yesterday that I would have my Rosie back, I never would have believed them. I was ready to die for god sake, and here I am today thinking of ways to ensure never to lose her again and spend a long and happy life with this girl.

I bit my lip softly as images of the night before flashed before my eyes.

''Josh..'' She moaned softly, her nails dragging over my shoulders and down my back. I loved it when she did that.

My lips trailed down her neck lightly, my teeth scraping against her skin and my fingers digging into her small, delicate hips.

Her fingers were tangled in my hair, tugging. Her eyes were closed, her cheeks were flushed, and I was biting into her neck, marking her as mine, growling against her skin.

She was mine, and like that she would stay.

I needed her, and after so long, every touch, every light caress, every moan, had to show her just how much I loved her.

''Mm Josh?'' Rosie mumbled, rubbing her eyes and moving in my arms. I looked down at her and smiled.

''Yeah baby?''

''Morning.'' She said shyly, looking between us and realising we were both naked, with her chest pressed tightly against mine.

''Morning.'' I smirked, laughing as she blushed harder and buried her face in my neck. She was smiling though, and that made me so happy.

''What do you wanna do today?'' I asked her, running my fingers up and down her spine gently. She thought for a minute and bit her lip.

''I don't mind as long as I'm with you.'' She smiled.

I grinned at her and pressed my lips to hers softly.

''Perfect answer.''

Rosies P.O.V

We had a pretty uneventful day. It was really nice to just spend time with Josh again.

I missed him.

I missed him so badly.

I don't know who I was kidding, he was my everything.

We just told each other everything. Everything we'd missed of each other these past few months. Which honestly, wasn't all that much, considering we'd spent the majority of it yearning for each other.

We spent hours just holding each other, enjoying each others company, making up for lost time. It was like we'd never been away from each other, we were able to pick up so easily from where we left off. But at the same time it was like we'd spent years apart. Like we were afraid to lose each other again any moment so we had to savour every second, make every word we said count.

Josh even made me dinner. Well, God love him, he tried to. Our families knew we needed some space to catch up and we didn't want to go out where we had to sit across from each other at a table and not hold each other and be able to kiss and touch whenever we wanted. The whole day was about us and us alone.

Every time he smiled, laughed, pushed his hair off his face. Every time his lips moved or his beautiful eyes blinked it was almost as if it was happening in slow motion, and I sat there in awe just looking at him, finding myself falling more and more in love with him than I thought imaginable.

I lay there in his arms on the sofa, whatever was on the TV becoming a blur as my eyes began to droop. His fingers were lightly tracing the skin on my arm and his steady heart beat thumped softly in my ear.

This was home.

I finally understood what it meant to find home in a person, not just a place. It didn't matter where I was as long as I was with him, I would be safe and I would be home.