Chapter Fifty Two - He needs you, We need you

Rosie's P.O.V

I'd just gotten off the phone with my Dad, smiling in content and laying back onto the pillows. I'd missed him so much. I'd missed how he knew exactly what to say to make to make me feel safe and protected and happy.

But I couldn't bring myself to go home yet.

I wasn't ready yet.

Was I?

There was a light tapping at the door and I jumped up to answer, peering from behind the safety of the door. There was no one there, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. That's when I noticed the box of cookies laying on the ground, just to the right of the door, under a small, folded piece of paper with my name on it.

I bit my lip softly and quickly bent to retrieve the items, closing the door behind me and sitting on the edge of my bed.

I unfolded the piece of paper and read it eagerly.

Dear Rosie

We never did get to make those cookies, so I got you these instead.

I hope you like chocolate chip.

Love, Blake.

P.S – I also got you cupcakes, find me and their yours.

I shook my head lightly and smiled brightly. He was adorable. And cheesy. And perfect.

My stomach clenched and I quickly looked away from the note.

I hadn't had a thought like that since..

Sighing, I tried to shake off those thoughts and stood up, deciding to go and look for Blake. Wherever he was he had cupcakes.

Cupcakes made everything better.

On my decent of the stairs I noticed another folded piece of paper, and another in the hallway, and another tucked behind a picture frame in the living room.

They all held clues as to where he would be, and there I was running around like a frantic idiot trying to find him with the biggest most excited grin on my face. This was so silly but I loved it, I loved-

DINGGGGGG

I shoved the last clue into my pocket and jogged to the front door, wondering who it could be on a Sunday afternoon. Especially since the people who actually lived in this house were all out for lunch.

I took a quick glance in the mirror to the left of the front door to make sure I was presentable, before unhooking the lock and pulling back the door.

What I saw couldn't have shocked me more.

''Liam?'' I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

He was the last person I'd expected to see.

''Rosie we need to talk.'' He said, solemnly.

I got that feeling in my stomach, like something was really, really wrong.

''Rosie? Who is it?''

I turned around to find Blake staring at me in wonder.

''I um..''

I just kind of turned away from him and gave Liam my full attention again, stepping out and closing the door behind me.

My bare feet felt the chill of the cold concrete steps outside the house and the wind bit at my bare arms. I rubbed my hands over them and looked up at Liam.

He looked so worried, so nervous, it took a lot for him to come here, and whatever his reason was must have been pretty serious.

''Please hear me out.'' He said.