Chapter Seventeen - When I Look At You

I was going out of my mind insane with nerves.

What if this didn't work?

What if I couldn't make it better?

''Stop worrying so much.'' Craig laughed, slapping my back.

We were standing at the back of the gym amongst the crowds of people who were here to see the talent show.

This thing was pathetic and if it weren't for Rosie we wouldn't ever be here.

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, turning to Craig.

''I can't help it.'' I muttered.

Zack laughed. ''It'll work.''

''Yeah,'' Liam added. ''It has to.''

I mentally groaned.

They were just saying that.

I know they were.

We had already been told we were up last, so we had to wait the whole night before we were on. I'd rather just get this over and done with.

I'm going to make an ass of myself.

I just know it.

It won't work.

Why did I even come up with this idea again?

Fuck I'm a mess.

Is it too late to back out now?

They guys seemed very aware of my concerns without me even having to tell them.

It was pretty obvious though.

There were only ten acts all together, but there would be an interval after five and a few stops along the way for announcements and that.

The room was darkened and the stage lights shown brightly around the room.

The spotlight went on and focused in the middle of the stage, as some looserish dork kid a few years below us came on with his guitar and screeched some Bieber song.

God I hated that guy.

He was like what? Five years old, couldn't sing for shit but yet had half the world's population of girls after him?

I sighed and mentally and wished I had earplugs or something to block out this ass who was trying to impress girls by singing a song by their 'hero.'

I couldn't see Rosie anywhere and I began to worry she wouldn't show up.

That's been my biggest worry, if she doesn't even come. I mean then I really am wasting my time here.

I haven't seen her since last week. Apparently she tried to ask my Mom about quitting, but Mom convinced her to just take a week off and then rethink her decision when she came back.

It's all my fault.

Sasha was beginning to miss her and I felt so bad that Sasha would be the one to suffer just because I'm an ass.

The Bieber wannabe finished his song and got off the stage after an applause, and the principle announced the second act that was on and some girl group skipped onto the very fake stage set up at the top end of the gym.

They sang their song and got off stage, flaunting their ridiculously fake boobs on the way. Before I met Rosie, I probably would have been all over that.

Now they just look stupid and pathetic.

What has this girl done to me?

I stood with my arms crossed, leaning against the back wall beside Craig, Liam and Zack, completely bored and uninterested.