Chapter Eleven - Tears and Music

Rosie's P.OV

Oh...My...God.

I shut my phone, letting out an embarrassingly girlish screech and throwing myself down face first on my bed.

I just got home from school like ten minutes ago, and Claire phoned me about going over to watch Sasha again...she also had some pretty exciting news.

So someone in her family's getting married this weekend, and she wants me to go too, but I have to go as Josh's date.

At first I was really hesitant, but then she said she would pay me 'cause I would be helping with Sasha also.

''But, why Josh's date?'' I had asked her.

''It's a long story sweetheart, but do you mind?'' she asked me.

I had thought about it for a second or two.

I wonder why...

I mean there's no way Josh actually wants me to be his date to this thing, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know about this yet, so maybe Claire just wants someone to help with Sasha, and is using Josh's plus one to get me in...

That's probably it.

''Sure, no problem.'' I had answered.

Even though I couldn't see her, I could tell she was grinning down the phone.

''Brilliant!'' she exclaimed, ''I can't wait to introduce you to the rest of the family. Sasha tells them all about you!'' she said excitedly.

I laughed. ''Really?''

''Yes of course! She loves you. Why don't you come over a little early today and we can chat about it before I go to work?''

I grinned. ''Sure, I'll be right there.''

Hanging up, that's how I ended up with my face in my pillow, muffling my squealing and hiding my unnaturally large grin.

I don't think I've been this excited or happy since we moved here.

Although it may not seem like it, I still haven't settled in. I mean yeah, I got used to my room, and babysitting has given me both a distraction and a purpose... but it still just doesn't feel like home.

It only really bothers me at night now when I'm alone and have the time to think about it.

I get lost just as much, and the big empty house still scares me a little. I wish I had someone to hold me at night. It wouldn't be the first time I've cried myself to sleep this past two months or so. I miss my home, my family, everything, and I somehow recently developed a fear of the dark.