55

Days went by and not many words were spoken by the numb soul whose life had come crashing down in a matter of hours. Outside the world was in the same state as him, dark, gloomy, and ready for water to fall.

The teenager stared out into the sky. His hand reached out for it as he thought of all the things about it he could not touch nor image ever doing so.

The sun, the moon, the stars, and the space of unknown was what was beyond yet he'd never come to experience them so close. Not once in his life would he be able to see past life on his planet as he knows it and that saddened the young boy. He only would know the ways of earth and nothing more but not it wasn't like his home wasn't interesting. The once sheltered boy had been exposed to so much that he wished to be taken away.

Jimin turned his head, his cheek touched the concrete. He stared at who he was spending the gloomy evening with. Yoongi held a sandwich to close to his face, he looked at it so lovingly. Who was in the meal was probably looked at like that once in their life. It was too bad that in death they were being looked at like that by someone who was going to eat their remains.

"I wonder..." The boy whispered as a thought came to mind. He wondered if his younger brother had ever stared at a meal like Yoongi's as so. Jimin couldn't be sure but he was aware there was a possibility that to his question the answer could very well be yes.

"Should I not?."

Jimin shook his head. "Go ahead."

With all the happenings lately he found no power within himself to care. Yoongi was his own person, he could not force him to do something he didn't want to. If the man wished to devour who was once like him then so be it, Jimin decided he would no longer interfere. He didn't care anymore. The cannibal in front of him was no longer his biggest concern.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Yoongi nodded.

"So are you a zombie or something?"

"No, I just really like the taste of humans."

The response made sense, he was not questioned further.

The two males continued to rest on the rooftop of the junkyard enjoying the gloomy day and each other's presences. They didn't speak very much, at all actually. Silence spoke for them.

Jimin sat up to sit besides Yoongi. Together they looked down at those who roamed the maze of unwanted objects. Two of best friends and perhaps even more were clearing the place with smiles on their faces because the task as a pair was a blessing to them. It is amazing what a person can do to another without really doing anything. A being can changed another without even trying, it's a mind blowing process or at least it was to Jimin. He thought about the first time he'd come to the place he looked out to, it wasn't really him. The sweet innocent boy that crossed the gates the first time would not be the same one leaving it today.

"I have to go."

Yoongi put his hand on the boy's thigh. "No, stay a little longer."

"I'm not going to see him."

"I know...just stay for a little more."

The teenager looked to the clock on his screen and decided that a few more minutes with the man wouldn't hurt anyone. And so he planted himself even closer to him and watched as he finished what was declared his lunch. The meat between the bread appeared normal, like it could be beef but it wasn't. First time knowing this caused Jimin one of the most traumatic moments in his life which he'd never be able to forget but now it stirred nothing within him. At the sight of a human between condiments brought him no feeling, he was numb. With no feelings he could finally say what was expected of him from the very beginning.

"I accept you." 

The elder movements were quick in joining the two's lips after processing the words spoken. He let himself linger long enough for the taste of his lips to be savored by the younger. They stayed close when the seconds long gesture was over.

"When are you going to accept yourself?"

Jimin was clueless to the question proposed or so he made it seem like so. He shook his head, saying he did not understand. Yoongi kissed him one more time and pulled away.

"You know."

He did but at the same time he didn't. He ignored the claim with a question of his own.

"Can I borrow your lighter?"

The item was fetched from the black leather jacket and tossed to the small hands. Jimin thanked him then took off to where he needed to make a quick stop at. Much time was not spent in the space that smelled of what dreams and rainbows were made of. As much as the boy would have loved to sit by the window of the shop, he couldn't. He took his order in a bag to go and headed to his final stop. It did not take long for him to get there but it did for him to go inside.

Hands grazed the surface untouched by familiar hands. The structure welcomed the touch dearly.

"Hello?" Jimin said softly as he opened the door to his home.

There was not the delicious smell of his mother's cooking or the sound of the news his father watched, nothing at all. It was empty and depressing inside the house that it made him sad just putting one foot in. A small voice called out for him eventually, they joined in the kitchen.

Jihyun smiled at his brother who he had not seen in a week and who he should have not been seeing at the moment. They greeted in a tight hug that could not last very long.

"Come on, we can't be here for long. Let's do this quick."

Jimin held back the tears and pulled away from his little brother. He opened the bag where a white box presented itself charmingly. The box was opened to reveal a sweet with a lovely red coloring that was frosting on top and a moist brown that was cake. Next the elder boy dug his hand into the back pocket of his pants and placed a stick just in the middle of the treat. Finally he took what he had borrowed to light that stick. When a flame lit between them, Jimin placed a kiss on the forehead of his brother's.

"Happy Birthday Hyunnie." He whispered lovingly to the very most important person in his life.

He released him and gestured to the candle.

"Make a wish."

Jihyun smiled at his brother then the treat he had gotten him. He didn't take action right away though, he thought about what this wish he wanted to make would be. With their life as it was there were many things he desired but one continuously brought itself up in mind.

"I want the throne."

The light went out.

~'~'~'

Happy Friday the 13th :)

{Ciel1l}