53

"To murder the father is to kill the offspring, to murder the husband is to kill the spouse, and to murder the man is to kill your father."

The words repeated in the mind of the frightened teenager that was Park Jimin like a broken record. He understood them but at the same time he didn't. The brain in his skull was refusing to piece things together as it would with an equation, easily. Everything seemed like a puzzle he couldn't figure out how to solve, something he had never experienced. What could a boy like him do in a time like this? He had led a fortunate life so what was he suppose to do with threatening words on a paper and the disappearance of the people who sheltered him from dangers like the one he was experienced now?

A comforting hand was placed on the trembling shoulder of the petite male.

"We're going to figure this out."

"A-And if we don't?" The boy's teary eyes shifted to the man. "What if they get to them before we do?"

Namjoon exhaled. He poured some water into the empty glass that once was filled to the very brim by Jin. The young boy gulped it down and didn't speak until he found himself in a more stable set of mind. He knew very well that in the state he was approaching he would not get anywhere so he waited until he got to the one he would. Once he was calm again, he asked for clarification to be sure there was not something he was missing. And thankfully for him he was in the right to do so for he had missed something.

"The offspring..."

"So you, to murder the father would be to kill you Jimin."

Jimin shook his head, only now he came to realized what that part could mean.

"I-I am... I'm not the only child."

Namjoon too seemed to have miss interpreted the phrase, not completely though. He was right to a certain extent. The part of ridding of the father would to be rid his offspring so his child but there was a flaw, there is not a child but children.

"Jihyun."

The name had not been spoken by neither Jimin nor Namjoon. It was quick but the brown strand that peeked through the door frame wasn't fast enough to escape the sight of the two. The elder rushed out followed by Jimin to see a frightened expression on the young boy's face. With his interruption Jungkook had given himself away, he had been eavesdropping which now proved to be a mistake. A quick turn of a heel and the boy was running out of the apartment.

"No!"

Namjoon ran after him but he wasn't fast enough or so Jimin could see for he trailed behind him. They screamed for Jungkook to come back but he refused, he ran straight for the stairwell. Jimin was stuck in the hallway by the arms of Jin's that trapped him there. He wanted to go help, to let Jungkook go. He knew it was what Namjoon didn't want but it was what he wanted. If he couldn't be there for his brother then perhaps it was best that someone important to him was.

"H-Hyung, let me go!" Jimin struggled desperately but Jin would not budge. He was obviously stronger so it was not hard to hold him in place and it was less troubling to drag him back inside. They fought for what seemed like eternity until the slamming of the door stopped them.

In defeat a head hung low.

"Sit down! Now!"

Jimin wasn't the one being spoken to but the voice frightened him so much that he pushed Jin to the side to properly seat himself. Jungkook was forced down into the sofa right across from Jimin. He kept his head low as he attempted to catch his breath from the desperate run he made for the outside of the building. Namjoon on the other hand was more focused on scolding the boy he completely ignored his lacking of oxygen.

"I want to hear all of it! Right now Jeon Jungkook!"

Jungkook shook his head.

"I said now!"

The scream bounced off the wall and into bones as a shiver. Namjoon was terrifying as he was now, in a way he had never been seen before. He was angered to the brim, his stern expression and frightening voice was enough to prove it. Jimin was intimidated even if it was not he who was spoken to, he couldn't help it for the aura of the man was that strong. Silence filled the room except for the panting of the two until a sniff was heard.

"Jungkook talk before this gets uglier." Jin said as he put his hand on the teenager's shoulder. He shook his head again, this time he covered his face with his hands.

"Now Jungkook!"

Jin shook the boy more harshly now, his eyes filled with worry. Namjoon was becoming redder by the second and it was honestly one of the scariest thing that was happening at the moment. Jimin had curled up at the very edge to avoid being brought into something he did not wish to be a part of. He stayed aside and watched as the elder gripped onto the youngest shoulder until he pulled away all the sudden.

Namjoon took action.

Two big hands were put on each of Jungkook's forearms and pried away the hands on his face away. Tears were revealed behind them, a very upset looking boy was on displayed.

"What the hell is going on between you and that boy?" Namjoon asked with a threatening low tone.

Jungkook glance shot up to meet the eyes similar to those he had fallen for.

"You've got to let me go."

"Answer my question!"

"Let me go....please."

Never had the boy been seen like this, not by many eyes at least. A new pair was add to the list, it was Jimin's and he didn't wish to be part of it. The young boy who had been cold since their first meeting looked so weak, so powerless. Usually there was attitude in his look and mock in his speech but now neither one of those qualities shone through. He looked so fragile, so defeated. Jimin wanted to help him, he really did but it was not his place. He knew better than to interfere so he pulled himself further into the cushions and looked down to avoid giving any pity gazes.

"Please let me go Hyung, you don't understand."

Namjoon shook his head. "You're right, I don't. Tell me why I should let you go. Give me a reason to say it's okay for you to go out to find that boy. Go on, I want to hear why I should let you go defend someone from the other side." 

There was a silence that lasted second before being broken by words that would complicate things much more than they already were.

"Because...I love him."

~'~'~'

*sharply inhales* so that happened 😬

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}