30

Signs of civilization disappeared to be replaced with sights of nature. Few vehicles drove on the same road as the car occupied by two males. One stared out the window hoping that a unexpected turn he had experienced before wouldn't be taken. It appeared his luck ran out for that was exactly what happened. Now it was truly them two and the souls that wandered about the wilderness.

"Just take me back!" Jimin screamed in the car for the first time since they'd made it onto the bridge that crossed over. "I want to go home!"

Yoongi sighed and said what he had before. "You will go home."

Jimin crossed his arms and gritted his teeth from frustrated, obviously he was going to go home. He wanted to go home now! Apparently his desires were of no interest to the elder since he was depriving him of them. Still unable to do anything, the younger tapped his fingers against his skin nervously. It was cold like sweat falling from his forehead. He knew where they were going, he also knew that no one would be able to hear him except the residents of the area and they would be of no help. The car stopped where it had before and the water of the lake welcomed it.

It had been so long since Jimin had last been to this place. Last time he was here everything was swell yet that wasn't so true anymore. The man who accompanied him was no longer his lover nor someone he trusted so strongly. He would also not be falling into his arms effortlessly unlike their last visit.

"Why here?" Jimin scoffed.

"I wanted to tell you what I couldn't at the hospital-"

"I don't want to know!"

"But I want you to!"

Their loud voices caused for a group of birds to fly away from where they watched them on a branch. The younger stared with a frown at Yoongi who was searching for something in his cup holders. He was torn about the topic, he wanted to know but at the same time he didn't. It was clear to him that most of his painful memories had come from curiosity. If he wasn't careful he could end up like the says: curiosity killed the cat. He was left to think by himself in the car.

Just in front, Yoongi stopped to look out to the view they last did together. They had been stationed on the hood of the car, the younger wrapped up a black sweater and arms to keep him warm from the breeze the water brought. Now the weather was warmer and there was no need for that yet Yoongi searched for warmth from a cigarette. Jimin redundantly joined his side.

"I don't want to know so please just go."

Yoongi gazed his way. "We won't leave until I tell you."

"I won't be going back with you."

In the time Jimin had spent on his own in the vehicle, he'd come to that decision. He pulled out his phone and walked away in hopes to reach a signal, which was possible. His finger ghosted over a single contact for a few seconds before he clicked it and waited for the ring. Not to long after a groggy voice picked up.

"I need a favor." Jimin said softly. "Can you pick me up please?"

On the other side the elder who seem to be just awakening asked for him to send an address so that the favor could be taken actions upon. Once that was done, Jimin marched his way to the lake and took a seat on the ground to watch the steady water. Of course he was joined by the only other person who was there.

"I'm sorry."

Jimin said nothing.

"Can you at least pretend to acknowledge me?"

"Why don't ask Kyungsoo?" Jimin said in a forced quirky tone. "I'm sure he'd love to give you attention."

Yoongi stayed quiet. The younger's personality really seemed to have taken a shift while he was not with him. Jimin seemed a bit more fearless as well as daring. The old Jimin would have never even thought about responding such way to Yoongi. The simple respond showed just how much the boy had slipped from his old habits.