41

Two weeks went by since the day of departure was announced to the Park brothers. One resided at his Aunt's home with her two twin boys while the other took a train to be there. While one felt as if things could not get anymore miserable, the oldest was living it. 

On a moving shaft with a few others, Jimin stared out the window. He was sad despite the victory experienced only a day ago. He had joined the team of nerds like himself to the most expected event of their summer. Among with them were math teachers, including Jimin's favorite, Mr.Kim. It was the last he'd be spending time with the man so the two were sure to cherish each other's presences by chatting on the bus ride and playing card games or such as they waited in the hotel. Jimin had not only bonded with his ex-teacher but also the younger ones that competed. They were great kids, very smart too. All of them had befriended and spent the three days of competition enjoying each other but that came to an end. Farewells were said and paths of each person were taken. 

Jimin wished he didn't take the one set out for him. 

The teenager soon to be adult was nervous as he stared out to the city he'd soon reside near. His trip was long, three hours and a taxi ride to the nearest town where he was being waited for. Jimin was sad to think three great days of bonding with strangers went so fast yet two months worth of family bonding might go terribly slow. He wasn't prepared to spend the days watching over two twin boys that were almost as bad as his brother. In Jimin's mind, no one could be worse than Jihyun but his two cousins were very close. 

He arrived to the station where he found the way out to the entrance. His bags had already been taken for him when his brother was dropped off by their parents so all he possessed was a bag with three days worth of necessities. The drive there was going to be a little longer than usual, or so said the one taking him there. Jimin decided to make a few phone calls in the meantime. First he called his mother to let her know he was almost there then Sohyun to say the same and ask about her date. Finally the girl had scored herself a day out with the tall boy that gave Jimin goosebumps. Although he was not fond of him, he was happy for his friend because she was happy. 

"Oh Lychee he's wonderful! We went to beautiful restaurant on a rooftop then he took me for a walk in the park, I feel so lucky!" Sohyun rambled on but Jimin couldn't fully agree with her. 

"You shouldn't feel lucky Sohyun, that means it is because of luck that you got all those things when really it is what you deserve." 

At the lovely statement the girl was awed. She then proceeded to make Jimin even sadder by claiming how much she missed him despite have seeing him just before his departure. She promised to stop by if possible but if not they'd be staying communicated. Their call ended with Sohyun being summoned by her mother and so Jimin decided to call one other person to pass time. However that person did not pick up but before he could redial, he had an incoming call he didn't want to ignore.

"Hey doll, did you make it alright?"

"Hey Yoongi," Jimin said softly, "I did. I'm almost there."

The man claimed to be happy to hear that before a silence settled between the two. Yoongi didn't let it last too long though, he next asked him about his trip. Jimin got about half of what he had to say in before he was bombarded with questions from other people on the line. Taehyung was desperate to know if he got to keep the trophy even though Jimin had told him about five times already that it belonged to the school, not him. Then there was Jin who wondered if the boy had eaten, which he hadn't and that made him greatly upset. Finally there was Chanyeol who had stopped by during the process of the call, he just said hello.

Jimin arrived the front of the two story house, he unwillingly got out. He gave the driver his money then stood outside the home trying to find the will power that would drag his legs to the front door. He couldn't find it but he didn't need to because Jihyun came out to reel him in. 

"How did you know I got here?" The elder asked, he had not established his arrival in anyway but Jihyun thought otherwise. 

"I could smell sadness from inside. Now wipe your cheeks because dinner is ready."

Jimin did wipe them but found nothing which resulted in a chuckle from his brother. Regardless, he took a deep breath in and followed behind the boy. He greeted his two cousins who sat in their sleep wear munching on crackers. It was far too late for them to dine, they were enjoying their time before bed. Jihyun joined them leaving his brother to face the woman who he made loose a child. He entered the room to find her sitting on the dining table with a magazine in hand.

"Hi Aunt Jiae." He said softly as to not alarm her with his appearance. It was clear she was expecting him though. 

"Hey nephew." She sat up. "There's food on the counter if you want. Lights off is at nine thirty."

The woman's voice was bland like her face. It scared Jimin for a second but he would not dare let it show so he thanked her and served himself the dinner he had been craving for so long. By the time he sat down to eat the lights of the living shut off making him the only soul on ground level. He sat in the sad silence with the cold food in front of him wishing he had not done what he did to his aunt. It was because of him that she had lost the chance to bring a miracle in the world. His cousin to be never got the chance to taste the food he had in his mouth, or have the chance to breathe the same air he did. The thought itself caused Jimin to abruptly drop his utensil. The young boy was founded trying to hold in the whimpers that accompanied his crying. 

"Why?"

The person who had him like so asked and the boy looked up to meet her gaze. 

"I'm sorry. I really am."

Jiae didn't react to the destroyed image of her nephew before her. She took a seat in front of him. He cried on as guilt engulf him how it hadn't in so long. Jimin had not felt like so in such a long time. Seeing his aunt right in front of him was all it took for the feelings to return. 

"Is it true what you said?"

Jimin sniffed and looked to her innocently. "I really am sorry Au-"

"Did you really eat someone?"

At this, the boy was taken back. He had been informed that the woman had awoken not remembering what exactly he had said that caused her such fright. According to Jihyun who had been in the room when she spoke with the doctor, Jiae claimed she did not remember at all what had been said except that it had greatly upset her. Now she was confronting him so blankly that Jimin did not know how to react but he did know how to answer. 

"Yes."

~'~'~'

I can't believe this book is already on chapter 41. It's about to be a year since I released Cannibal and the second book is already this far along wow. I'm amazed to realize how much effort has gone into this story. I'm not sure I say this enough but thank you all for reading. 

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}