17

"I don't want to."

That same phrase was repeated the nth time by the stubborn seventeen year who laid in his bed staring at his white ceiling as if it were what he'd wish to see for the rest of his life. By now his family believe it was the only words he could say for it were the only ones that left his mouth.

"Come on! Ma says you have to eat and we can't till you do!" Screeched a very unhappy twelve year old who had dreaded his visit into the room of his cousin. "Please I'm hungry!"

Jimin turned to face the young boy. His features were most definitely not as his best. His hair was all messy, he had bags under his eyes and his breath still stank from having not have brushed his teeth that morning.

"Starve."

The word came out so cruel and so heartless that even the single twin was surprised by it. No one dared to even think such a tone could be used by the innocent boy that was Park Jimin, they however were very wrong.

"But Hyung-"

"Let him be Geun."

The short boy turned to the door to find his other cousin. He had just returned from school, that was clear.

"I'm Minki."

"And I don't care." Jihyun snickered. "Food's on the table, go kid."

The twin did so, he scoffed on his way out too. His small gesture of retaliation was completely ignored for the attention was on the single decaying body in the middle of the room. Jihyun sighed at the sight of his brother, he remained in the spot he left him. Jimin laid as he staing straight up, ignoring all the pleads of his body. He didn't care that his throat burned, his head pounded, his limbs felt weak, or that his stomach cried for food. Jimin didn't believe it were possible to eat anything considering the last thing he ate was one of his kind.

"Aunt Jiae wants to know if she should serve your food at the table or bring it here." Jihyun sat at the edge of the mattress. "Where's it going to be Hyung?"

Jimin had no energy to even speak but he pulled enough of it to mutter a single word as he had done for his cousin. "Nowhere."

Jihyun patted his brother's forehead jokingly. "It's in here then. Now go wash your mouth, smells like something dead was in there."

At the cringing of his elder's face, the boy regretted what he had said. Somehow the dehydrated body of his brother's managed to gather enough liquid to turn into tears. Jimin covered from his mouth as he inhaled loudly through his nose. He stared at his brother through teary eyes for he knew that was exactly what had been in mouth.

"Ji-Jihyun!" Jimin screamed out in a broken sob. The younger brother apologized quickly then rushed to wipe away the wetness on Jimin's cheeks. He continued on to mutter how he didn't mean to, he meant nothing than a harmless joke. Jihyun spoke the truth though, he really didn't intend to make a cruel joke of what had his brother so upset.

"I'm sorry Hyung, I really am." He brushed away his brother's messy hair. "I didn't mean to but you have accept what happened."

Jimin stopped crying, he went blank for a split second before loosing his composure.

"Accept the fact that I ate someone!? Accept the fact that I devoured a human being Jihyun!?"

His chest heaved from the sudden outburst, it was far too much for his weak body. Jimin couldn't believe his brother and the words he spoke so causally. He said them as if it were a bunny Jimin had accidentally eaten, not another human. With a single sniff Jimin fell back onto the mattress, he stared at the ceiling again. It was silent in the room until there was a crash on the ground then the inhale of a shaky breath. The two boys turned their head to find their pregnant aunt and glass with food on the floor.

"Aunt Jiae it's not-"

"Y-Y-You...Monster!"

Jihyun took off from the bed to aid his aunt who began stepping away from the pair. Her eyes were of pure terror and gathering tears. At who she called a monster she stared at, horrified by what she heard. Jimin stared with shock in his own eyes from his aunt's outburst, he couldn't believe it. The woman was now on the floor, grabbing at the bump below he chest.

"Shit, we gotta get her to the hospital." Jihyun spoke up. However Jimin hadn't heard any of that nor had he processed the happening situation. All the boy could hear was the repetition of his aunt's words and see the face of fright she displayed with it. He could not see that she was in pain, grabbing at what separated her next child from the outside world.

"Jimin!"

Again the elder heard nothing, not even what the word he should respond to. He felt his gut twisting for memories were back, ones that replayed but now they were accompanied with the sound of his aunt's voice. Jimin's body jerked forward and he coughed violently until blood stained the floor alongside shattered plates. Next what followed were screams, first his aunt's then his.

"I am a monster! I ate someone!" Jimin looked up from his blood on the floor to the one in a body, his brother. The boy was staring at him with his a single tear falling down his cheek as he held their fainted aunt. "Ji-Jihyun I ate someone!"

Jimin suddenly couldn't stop what next came out of his mouth, laughter. 

His chuckles turned into laughter, so much he threw his head back and held his aching stomach. He stared at the white ceiling while he smiled through his bloody teeth. He thought of everything that haunted him which lead him to laughing even louder. Before he knew it, his body was back on the mattress and his head dangling from the edge as he screamed out giggles. Jimin stared at his family as he did so. Jihyun was yelling something he could not hear and waving away from the scene at the twins down the hall. His aunt Jiae was completely motionless, not single twitch in her whole body.

"She called m-me a mon-monster! Ha!"

The seventeen year old wasn't able to laugh no more after saying those word, blood splurged from his mouth before he could speak more. He stared as the liquid he had spilled previously joined as one with the blood he spit out. They mixed so effortlessly as if they belonged together, they became one just like the paint in the junkyard. Jimin stared blankly at the mixture, it reminded him of the paint cans he shot. He recalled how the black and pink paint mixed together so lovingly, nonetheless he came to believe this was much better. Redness from his own body was so much better coming as one as opposed to the two colors. 

"Look Jihyun." Jimin pointed to his blood on the ground. "Pr-Pretty right?"

Through sleepy eyes the elder looked up from the shoes on the ground. He was met with the blank face of his brother's staring down at him.

"Sorry."

Those were the last words Jimin heard before a pain spread in his neck and everything went black.

~'~'~'

So I've decided I won't be putting in any warnings at the beginning of chapters I feel need them since I did put one at the very beginning of the book.

For future references let it be clear that I take no responsibility if anything triggers anyone for you were warned at the very beginning of the book, you read at your own risk.

{Ciel1l}