21

Days went on and the injured boys sharing a hospital room became friends. Jimin would forget all about his problems as he heard those of the sad boy besides him. Daehyun frowned half the time but when he smiled, it was magical. His smile was nice to look at yet the only time it appeared was when the boy spoke of depressing matters.

Today was Daehyun's last day before he went home and so he asked Jimin for his number, he had grown fond of the younger. The seventeen year old was quick to say yes but when the man reached his hand out, he realized he'd have to unlock his phone.

"Quit already." Daehyun said as he pointed to the device that was fiddled with in between the small hands that were Jimin's. "Come on, just open it up."

The younger obeyed, he quickly typed in his password and avoided all the awaiting messages to be read. He opened up a new contact and happily handed it to his new friend.

"Text me okay?" Daehyun chuckled as he handed back the device. "I'll be waiting."

Jimin smiled at the boy who waved him goodbye, back profile to him. Daehyun left on his own, no one had come to see him. It left his roommate to wonder just how lonely he was, considering that in the days they spent together it was only him who had visitors.

Had Daehyun friends or family?

With the single thought, Jimin's eyes were brought to his phone. Those who claimed to be both he'd seen names of on the screen before unlocking it to welcome a new friend to his list. He was unsure of whether or not to open them and see what they had to say. Jimin had been hesitant about it in the prior days, Daehyun of course intervened.

"You're such a baby." Daehyun had said to him. "Maybe they've got a legit excuse, man up and read."

Those words with their harsh tone repeated in the boy's head, along with the happenings that caused him to not want to even hear their names. He did however recall what Sohyun had whispered in his ears before he met the suicidal man. Maybe they didn't do this to hurt him as he had convinced himself during late nights, peraphs they really did have a reason.

A sigh of defeat escaped the boy's mouth and he slid open his messages. Some were sent to his phone number while others to his messenger application. He decided to begin with the ones sent to his phone number.

Jimin started from the top, the one who'd sent him the most, 343 to be exact. He was impressed to see that time the messages were sent by the male. They all consisted of the same kind of text, pleads for forgiveness. Taehyung begged him to not hold the truth against him for he only wanted to protect him from the weirdness of the world, he claimed that eventually he would have told him only he couldn't yet for he was not allowed. The boy also explained that he didn't mean for him to eat the meat that was of their kind, but he also could not stop him. Taehyung also asked for permission to go see him, he didn't want to show up only to be turned away. His heart would have not be able to take the rejection from Jimin, or so he claimed.

Hoseok came in second place with 107 messages. Like Taehyung's, he asked for Jimin to try to understand them and forgive them. He said he'd be willing to explain throughly if only Jimin allowed him to. He provided the same explanation that left room for more, just like Taehyung's. They weren't disclosing why they couldn't tell Jimin and that angered him so he moved from Hoseok's messages in hopes the next would give him a clearer reason.

Jin had sent him 52 text, these were a bit different. The man was much more understanding and put the blame on them all as oppose to elsewhere which was unclear. He told Jimin that he could not tell him why but there was someone who could. Namjoon was that person.

Jimin decided to leave the big revelation for last, he feared it. So next was Jungkook with only seven messages. In all he whined about his work load, blaming Jimin for his misery. At the angry face of the fifteen year old Jimin couldn't help but laugh, the image was quite something.

Two were left, Yoongi and Namjoon but Jimin wanted nothing to with one so he clicked on the last one. It was a one worded text messages, commanding him to call. Scared yet anxious to know the truth, Jimin hit the small phone outline besides the name. It ran for a few seconds then there was silence, a deep voice was next.

"You must come back home."

~'~'~'
That reference though

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}